Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Do you believe in no sex before marriage?

Yes, I'm saving myself for marriage
- 5 (12.2%)
Yes, I have had sex but I think it's a good idea
- 3 (7.3%)
I'm never going to have sex, even after marriage
- 2 (4.9%)
No, I think sex should be something which comes before marriage
- 4 (9.8%)
I'm never getting married
- 0 (0%)
I dont mind who I have sex with
- 7 (17.1%)
I'm going to have sex whenever I feel ready
- 20 (48.8%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: No sex before marriage?  (Read 7070 times)

No sex before marriage?
« on: August 11, 2008, 08:38:25 pm »
Just being curious as to what you guys think.

Some things you might wish to consider:
- Sex: An act of love or an act of self-pleasure?
- Marriage: An act of love or a religious tradition?
- Marriage: Who do you know is 'the one' to marry?
- Love: A fairy-tale or real?

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
Re: No sex before marriage?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 08:40:36 pm »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
I don't exactly like the choices very much lol Where's the "just whenever I feel ready" button?
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 08:43:06 pm »
I don't exactly like the choices very much lol Where's the "just whenever I feel ready" button?

Fixed! :D

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 08:44:42 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
I voted as honestly as I could. As of right now, I don't think I'm ever going to have sex mainly because I don't really care about it and wish people would stop telling me I need to have it. No I don't, it's like they're pushing a drug on me (YOU NEED TO TRY THIS, EVERYTHING WILL CHANGE IF YOU DO!). But I don't think about it, and frankly I don't care.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 08:45:52 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
I voted what Mammy shall put "I dont mind who I have sex with". ::awesome::

Edit: Since it's apparently not a serious answer, I'll make it serious.

I don't mind who I have sex with, whether it's before or after marriage. I don't mean as in "I'll have sex with anyone who comes my way." I mean it as "I don't care who I have sex with before marriage whether she is Christian, Muslim, etc."

Obviously I'd respect her religion though, so if she didn't want to before marriage, and we were planning on getting married, then I would respect that and not have sex with her.

Do I think sex before marriage should be allowed? Of course. If two people feel the need to express their love through sex, then so be it. They shouldn't be forbidden to do so.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 09:19:36 pm by Pyro »
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 08:47:25 pm »
Can people try and vote seriously, please? :)

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 08:48:07 pm »
So far I think Pyro's the only one who hasn't. I did!

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 08:48:13 pm »
  • *whistle*
Can I say "I think you should !@#$% before marriage, but I don't think I ever will get married, and I really don't mind who I !@#$% as long as they're gorgeous enough"? (quote from our MSN convo)

Seriously, I don't think marriage is something that will ever happen for me, but sex is a big part of a relationship and committing to a life-long... "thing" without even knowing if the partners are sexually compatible just seems stupid. (again, something I've said to you over MSN)

So, yeah. That probably answers your question.
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 08:55:43 pm »
I view marriage as a construct of Christian or otherwise religious doctrine and as such a violation of natural laws and tendencies.  Beyond that, I see marriage as a means of extortion; i.e. a large number of divorces result in the assets getting divided equally whether or not they were earned by the individual, alimony payments in a modern society are awful, etc.  As far as I am concerned, marriage means nothing to me, but if the woman I fall in love with wants to get married, then I will put up with it because at least with women I tend to avoid verbal arguments.  Bitching, so much bitching.

Anyway, for all of its faults, religion had the intention of making it so there was something concrete to fall back on in terms of sex.  People's emotions are important, and too many one-night stands will wreck a person's feelings; marriages at least keep people together for a while.  If the woman gets pregnant, being married also helps in that the baby will most likely have some sense of family.

I believe that sex can happen before marriage just as long as it is based on love and in some cases lust if not pursued too far in that direction.  After all, it is alright to have a little fun, but too much fun in that regard could make you feel meaningless.  It's fine so long as it isn't everything.
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 09:08:25 pm »
I'm going to have sex whenever I feel ready.

- Sex: Both, an act of love and self-pleasure.
- Marriage : An act of love.
- Love: Real.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 09:28:54 pm by Venyux »
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 09:14:28 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
If you feel that you're ready, then why wait?  If you're committed to the person you're with (which i am...), then there shouldn't be anything stopping you really.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 09:22:44 pm »
  • Personal Text
If you have sex before marriage, and your partner agrees, wouldn't that make it even? It would be a balance. Because mainly people have sex for pleasure. So both of the people are having sex for pleasure. So its not selfish persay, because you are pleasuring someone else, and you are receiving pleasure as compensation. It all works out.

so I think that having sex can be at anytime really. There are always 2 people to sex, or else its masturbation...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 09:24:44 pm by Mewgull »
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 09:23:38 pm »
  • *whistle*
If you have sex before marriage, and your partner agrees, wouldn't that make it even? It would be a balance. Because mainly people have sex for pleasure. So both of the people are having sex for pleasure. So its not selfish persay, because you are pleasuring someone else, and you are receiving pleasure as compensation. It all works out.

If your partner doesn't agree that's either rape or cheating. :/
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 10:01:22 pm »
  • (b'-')b Jesus Guitar d('-'d)
I believe in waiting until marrriage, and that comes from both how I was raised and personal experience. I've never had sex, but I had some close encounters that I'm actually glad didn't happen.

It wouldn't be too good for me to have a kid right now, and I'm not one to take the risk of using protection and it breaking.
T H I R T Y - T H R E E   T H R E E

Blog | Myspace | Facebook | Clan LmS
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 10:13:39 pm »
  • Personal Text

If your partner doesn't agree that's either rape or cheating. :/

True dat.
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 10:15:37 pm »
  • If not now, when?
My Views:
Sex: Act of love and method of reproduction.
Marriage: Act of love.
Love: Real.

Reality:
Sex: Self-pleasure.
Marriage: Exploiting other people.
Love: Someone to have sex with.

These days, it seems that sex is just a game for pleasure. Guys don't seem to care who they're !@#$% and girls don't seem to either as long as they get their pleasure. I see sex as an act of love and a method of reproducing. Don't want to reproduce? Don't have sex. Don't love your partner? Don't have sex.

What I think is love...
Love is not finding a woman who you think is "hot". Love is not finding a man with a giant penis. Love is when you find someone that you relate to, someone that you can share everything with, someone that makes your world go round, someone who is genuinely interested in you. Not just your looks, or your personality, but everything that makes you who you are. True love is when two people share these qualities for each other.

Might not be what others think is love...
Of course, my thoughts above are what I consider love. But love can be more than that, or even less than that, or have nothing to do with that. Love in it's simplest form is someone who makes you happy. If you think love is just a lot of self-pleasure, and a lot of self-pleasure makes you happy, then someone who is good at sex will probably satisfy you. But what happens when you both grow old? What happens when he can no longer "perform"? I don't think love should be based only around sex.

How do you know who to marry? I can't answer that question for you. Nobody can. That is for you to decide. It all depends on you and what you want. It depends on what you think love is.

To me, love is someone I want to spend the rest of my entire life with.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 10:20:18 pm by AcidGame »

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2008, 10:18:12 pm »
Agreed.

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2008, 10:21:47 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Marriage to me is security. If I die, and we aren't Married but she still gave up her job or such for kids and such, if we were not married it can cause severe problems, people have ended up homeless. Whilst marriage need not be out of love, the build up towards it usually is filled with it anyway (Love them, so move in with them and so on). So, to me, marriage is

Personally, I'm a desperate virgin so probably should vote "I don't mind who I have sex with" (Guys, Girls, Hot, Relatively-Attractive, I've just damn stopped caring  8) j/k), but I say I'll have sex when I'm ready...or drunk.

And Love, to me, is chemicals. It's an addiction, and a biological process, evolved into humanity for survival purposes (I suspect STDs killed many early humans that slept around). I see a clear distinction between actions, the results of love, and love itself. Love is ugly and dangerous. The results of love can be wonderful, beautiful and magnificent.

Love and Sex can both be enjoyed, be wonderful and be beautiful separately, and they can both be horrid, ugly and evil separately. Similarly, combined they can compliment each other superbly, and be truly amazing, or they can be terrible and destroy each other.
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2008, 10:26:32 pm »
I think you should have sex when you and your partner are ready for it.
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2008, 10:48:21 pm »
"If your ready to have kids or ready to have sex".
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.342 seconds with 80 queries.

anything