Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: [pre]Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time NES  (Read 15118 times)

[pre]Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time NES
« on: December 21, 2007, 09:55:15 pm »
I'm putting stalfolia to the side until this project is done. I'm making some serious changes to gameplay style and including sword swings and spins. I'm adding in an ice temple and tunic. The water temple, heh heh, let's just say that it will be aggrivating, beyond pure torture, but annoying sinking and floating is cut out of the level. The hover boots will be in the game, Navi is there, and the lock on targeting system to make ranged weapons hit almost all the time. Jumping included!

Animations of sword moves:
Sword Swing:
Sword Spin:
Jump:
Roll:
Re: [pre]Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time NES
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 10:37:09 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
You have some sprites...huh. You do realize there will be people flocking from miles around that will absolutely hate you for tackling this project. IMO, its a good idea for a fan game, but you must realize you can't add in ANYTHING else, and that it will have to be very similar to LOZ because...you can't really convert 3-D to an 8 bit system.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 10:52:03 pm »
I don't care if I get criticized, or even if nobody will help me, That's just gonna make me show the critics that I can make a game that is better than they think it will be. >:(
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 11:17:12 pm »
  • I need something new to put here...
Well, you have two games (Rizar's gate and Stalfolia) already in progress, that you're stopping to make this, cutting out almost the entire point of the water temple, using water levels to float/sink you to solve problems, and adding an ice temple while that was the purpose of the ice cavern. I honestly don't think people see everything that they'll have to do to make an OoT remake.

All of the time travelling stuff is difficult, such as the shadow temple/bottom of the well stuff.
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 11:21:23 pm »
  • 笑い男
ah yes, using the worst quality graphics at least available when there are plenty of other far better ones to use in a huge project really makes my think "wtf? O_o"

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 12:05:09 am »
1, I'm not stopping rizar's gate.
2, I don't care what you say, don't people like super smash bros nes?
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 12:20:34 am »
  • I have a post count! WTF I post?
I kinda dont, I've never played it porbably wont. But come on OOT 2d 8-bit! Never, ever will a OOT 2D be done thats enjoyable(unless Nintendo makes one)... (Exspecially in 8-bit)
[spoiler=Anime lol]Absolute favorites, FMA, Gurren Lagann(NEW MOVIE HELL YEA, Also I highly recommend this, i mean highly recommend).
Currently Watching, Code Geass, Soul Eater[/spoiler]
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 12:41:31 am »
  • 笑い男
just because people like a certain thing doesnt mean that no version of it will ever be better >_<
sure i like eating a slice of pizza, but that doesnt mean i'll just eat one slice and throw the rest away every time i have pizza just because one slice is good O_o

but you dont care what we say yet you're letting us see all of this
im not sure whether to think that's really kind or the opposite lol

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2007, 01:45:31 am »
More power to you; I say if you can do it, do it; we'll see how it plays later. I think it's a creative take, though can't wait to see some more things. Who knows simplifying the graphics might be what it takes to get this project done :o
Intel P4 3.2 GHZ
2.5GB SDRAM DDR400
350GB SATA
ATI RADEON HD 2600PRO 512MB
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 Z
Windows XP SP2

Current Projects: None.
- Trask
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2007, 03:28:17 am »
More power to you; I say if you can do it, do it; we'll see how it plays later. I think it's a creative take, though can't wait to see some more things. Who knows simplifying the graphics might be what it takes to get this project done :o

Ah, but spriting in SUCH a simple style is actually considerably harder. No outlines can be awfully tricky. The easiest and simplest would be GB.

And good luck. ;)

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2007, 03:35:30 am »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
EPIC PHAIL Trust me. Making it in this style removes almost all gameplay elements.
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2007, 04:11:32 am »
EPIC PHAIL Trust me. Making it in this style removes almost all gameplay elements.

Fixed. Don't be an !@#$%.
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2007, 04:48:25 am »

sorry, but the concept of an oot2d is a joke, the only person who doesn't seem to get it is TRM.
just work on your original zelda game, that's what everyone would prefer you did
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 04:53:52 am by .TakaM »
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2007, 04:54:52 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
2, I don't care what you say, don't people like super smash bros nes?
These are the ways this is NOT Super Smash Bros. NES:
1.That is an original game. It isn't a remake.
2.Super Smash Bros. 64 was a budget title. Ocarina of Time took four years to make with a large staff.
3.Most of the sprites are provided from the different series
4. Platform game =\= Adventure game.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2007, 04:56:08 am »
  • Minalien
Have you considered how you are going to capture the essence of bosses that rely on 3D as part of what makes them unique? What about the difficulty of this undertaking and your seemingly limited knowledge with game development? And what of your work on your other "projects," how can you possibly fit this in between? If you cant answer either of these questions, then you shouldn't even bother developing this. I sincerely doubt that any of these projects will be completed, this one least of all. You cant just gather a couple sprites and think you're going to make a good game. You have to have the knowledge, competence, and skill to accomplish a task before you can take on something large.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 04:57:39 am by Samu-chan »
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2007, 05:29:53 am »
Man I thought people got it by now... OOT REMAKES ALWAYS FAIL!!
  • Likes to Ramble

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2007, 05:32:24 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
eh dont shun the project before he even starts it :P

but I do have to ask... what programming language are you using to make all of these? You've not given any real technical aspects to any of the projects you've been working on... It'd be nice to see some form of in-game screens, or video, or something o.0
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2007, 05:32:53 am »
  • Minalien
Actually, it's beyond that. 90% of projects started at ZFGC fail because 90% of ZFGCers are too lazy to carry through with their projects.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2007, 05:55:11 am »
I honestly think everyone should drop their little projects and work on the ZFGC community game. (apart from king mob )
By the point people realize that's the only way a game will ever be finished here- they've finally grown up, finished school, got jobs etc and no time/passion for zelda fangames
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 05:58:27 am by .TakaM »
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2007, 07:11:47 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
Guys, just make sure that he can't program it before you flame him because, well, he can't program it. I know most of you think.know it's basically impossible, but let him try...

Just ask him simple questions to make sure he's thought it through, asking him how he's going to change such things so that he can program a 3D game to be in 2D....

How will you implement Gohma to be shot in the eye while on the ceiling?
How will you make the twisted hallway in the forest temple?
How will you get the hookshot to land on the ceiling?
How will you make situations where link must dive? such as the rupee game?
Why do you want to make an OoT remake? Why don't you want to continue with your other games where you don't have restrictions of making a remake, or expectations that this game should match Ocarina of Time?

Those are all I can think of right now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.254 seconds with 77 queries.