Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Link Maze - 9th repost I think...  (Read 34422 times)

Link Maze - 9th repost I think...
« on: April 01, 2006, 09:18:10 pm »
  • w00t
see http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.msg426978#msg426978

This post is copied and pasted directly from ZFGC-X:

This post is copied and pasted directly from DSR

lol, this is probably the 7th time I've reposted this.  8th, now that I've posted it here.  And now 9th! 

Basically, it's a maze game.  More like a minigame really, as it's really small in length (only 9 levels).  Still, I'm fairly proud of it, as it took a lot of time to get the game working like it is.  To be honest, adding more mazes would be incredibly simple.  Now if only I was actually motivated to do anything anymore...

Downloads and screenshots are at http://linkmaze.vze.com BUT the latest version is NOT on the website.  It is a minor fix that lets you slide along the walls if going diagonally rather than stopping you once you hit them.  You can download this one at http://d.turboupload.com/d/420177/linkmaze...ndowed.zip.html

Anyway, here's basic info, mostly copied and pasted from the ReadMe since I'm too lazy to type it out.

Pressing Up, Down, Left, or Right on the keyboard moves Link in that direction.  Letting go of the key stops Link.

There are 10 different background music MIDIS that you can listen to.  Just press the numbers 1-9 or 0 above the letters, not the numberpad numbers (since most laptops don't have numpads).  To stop the music, press Space.  Here's a list of the 10 different background music tracks you can listen to:
1: default background music -- classic Zelda theme remix
2: my favorite! Gerudo Valley remix (kinda loud, may need to turn speakers down a bit)
3: another classic Zelda theme remix, a bit slower, and on Piano
4: Epona Song remix
5: Ganon final battle theme
6: OoT introduction theme
7: Ice Cave theme
8: Lost Woods/Saria's Song remix
9: Poe Trader theme
10: Zora's Domain theme

Pressing X or Enter will get rid of the text block that tells you what  level it is (or you can just wait for it to go away by itself).

Press F1 during the game for the help dialog, made with the help of Scrappersa's text engine.

There's also 2-player mode, but the person has to be physically sitting next to you for it to work. 

Some of the blocks in later levels are not solid.  Check each block to find the way through.  There is also a way to distinguish the fake blocks from the regular blocks.  You have to look closely to figure it out.

See the ReadMe for credits info.  Heh, I just noticed that the ReadMe is somewhat outdated, as it still links back to www.oot2d.com

Ah well.  Thought I would repost this, just in case someone is amused by it.  Comments, suggestions, flames, anthrax mail, death threats, whatever, all of it is welcome.

EDIT:  oh, some warnings about the website itself:  don't click on the Download link, since all it does is bring you down the page.  Useless.  Also, don't download the Humongous Maze if you want 2-player, since I was an idiot and forgot to make separate screens for the two players, and the view only follows Player 1.  Not my brightest moment...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 05:49:37 pm by Theforeshadower »
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame

thenoblesheep

Re: Link Maze - 9th repost I think...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 09:31:14 pm »
 Despite seeing the topic constantly at the .org site, I just tried it. It was pretty decent, but I think you should add a timer function, that would add to the fun and replayability.
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 09:38:44 pm »
  • w00t
lol, thanks.  I realize that I'm being quite annoying by reposting it at every board we go to (several different old ZFGCs, GA, DSR, ZFGC-X, and here).

Timer function, hm... I could try that.  Aside from that minor fix for sliding along walls, I haven't opened up the gmd for this in months.  It could probably be possible though.  I'll keep it in mind, thanks. 
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 04:17:09 am »
Liked it before, like it now, great game.

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 12:07:14 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
I finally gave it a try!

It was really good, although a bit too easy IMO (took me 10 minutes to finish it and I'm not fast). I like the way you can choose the music and all. What's the 9th music BTW? Water Temple? I think it fits best the atmosphere! Good job! I also noticed bugs and glitches but they didn't annoy me.

I gave a quick try at the 2 players version of the game, it's really neat too!

I hope to see more games from you!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 06:41:34 pm »
  • w00t
Hm, I thought I had included the background music info in the ReadMe.  I guess I didn't.  After looking at a copy of the message I posted on EZ-ZFGC, I realize that I simply put the info in the topic itself, not in the readme.  The first post has been updated.

If I may ask, what bugs or glitches did you find?

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 06:48:10 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
Bugs & Glitches were mostly the walking animations and some collision problems, nothing too big though.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 09:29:14 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Uber leet ;).

Out of the amount of time this game has been complete, I've actually never tried it... I guess I'll give it a go... *downloads*...

Hoffy.
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 02:43:43 am »
  • The hero of Link
As I said before.
I still can't load it, it crashes right before it gets done loading.
  • A.D. Zelda
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 03:02:25 am »
  • w00t
HoF, did you ever end up playing it?

Master Link, I'm still baffled as to why that is.  At DSR I posted a link to a version that had the intro removed.  Did you try that?  Did it help?
http://d.turboupload.com/d/407563/linkmaze9_windows_nointro.exe.html

I'm sorry I can't figure out why it never works for you.

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2006, 06:03:13 am »
Maybe its time to re-make it I mean you've posted this almost everywhere. And since you've more experience in coding its maybe a good thing to re-make it. With new things + the old ones improved on every way. :)
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 09:19:17 am »
Amazing game, got to admire it for all its worth, i remember it from some time ago, good work!
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2006, 03:23:10 am »
  • The hero of Link
That link is invalid.
  • A.D. Zelda
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2006, 03:34:27 am »
  • w00t
That link is invalid.

Grargh, I apologize for that.  It must have been deleted for being old.  Guess I'd better upload the newest version to a better server as well... 

In any case, just for right now, here's a new link you can try:  http://d.turboupload.com/d/490581/linkmaze9_windows_nointro.exe.html

I'll upload it somewhere better tomorrow.

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2006, 01:00:48 am »
  • The hero of Link
Thankss! that one works great!
BTW Great R-e Mix!!!
  • A.D. Zelda

some_damn_canadian

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2006, 06:26:39 pm »
REally good game, too easy though. Took me like. 10 minutes or less.

Drew

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2006, 01:35:02 am »
You are unregistered 0_o
Some reason it refuses to download for me <_<
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 08:28:11 pm »
  • w00t
Refuses to download?  Clicking on http://danthemanms.googlepages.com/linkmaze10_windowed.zip won't do anything for you?

Fox The Cave

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2006, 08:55:21 am »
9th repost...i'm pretty sure this is much more than that...in fact, I think this is like the 14th time you've had to repost this!

Anyway, the game is still quite some fun for a little while. As others said, too easy and simplistic though, could have done with more obstacles (timer) etc.

Halrawk

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2006, 11:22:18 pm »
Pretty decient game, I enjoy just running though mazes, although some of the begining ones are way to easy.
My only suggestion would be a way to turn off the music.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.252 seconds with 77 queries.

anything