Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

I'm doing weekly updates now. What type of updates would you like?

Loooads of text, telling what's going on.
- 0 (0%)
5+ Screenshots
- 1 (8.3%)
1/2 Video Updates
- 1 (8.3%)
Screenshots and Videos (but less)
- 0 (0%)
I don't really care, just get on with the game!
- 10 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SCRAPPED LoZ: The Awakening of a Shadow "The darkness is falling on Ornatus..."  (Read 35919 times)

SCRAPPED LoZ: The Awakening of a Shadow "The da...
« on: September 23, 2010, 05:45:31 pm »

Game Information:

The Legend of Zelda: The Awakening of a Shadow is a Zelda fan game currently being created in Game Maker 8 Pro.
It has been a work in progress since December 2009.
I intend to update this topic as much as possible.
In this game I will try to use as many aspects from as many Zelda games as possible (e.g. the owl statue from MM.)

Oh, yeah, i also want a proper story-line with side-quests and twists- like in TWW when you have to find all of the peices of trifoce in the sea, and mini games.
Not like the oracle games where you complete one dungeon then move onto the next straight after.

Other Info:

•Gm Version: Game Maker 8.1 Standard
•Vista Compatible: Yes
•Changes Screen Resolution: Begins in 160x144, press F4 to change to fullscreen

Teaser Trailer:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOyfxUc4r50" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOyfxUc4r50</a>
For more videos, search "loz taoas" into YouTube or visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBoy7477?feature=mhum

Screenshots:

Demos:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Demo 4: Deeproot Shrine Demo Version 2.0
>>DEMO 4 OUT<<

http://www.mediafire.com/?quyr3ovk87ha72b

A completely new version of the Deeproot temple (Level 1) which has been updated, and has a new area to explore (The swamp seen in a couple of videos ago) until the Deku demo (Next- will include game from start up to the end of the Deku area)
All bugs seen in this video are fixed!!! EVERY BUG IN THE GAME IS FIXED!!!!!!!!!!
Now onto the content :P ...:
Deeproot Temple+ 1 Swamp area
Out Tommorow!!! (5.3.11)
Goodnight's Movement+ Pushing
Yoshi's Heart Engine

Secret at the end for winning!

NOTE: i made a mistake when uploading. You'll need to exit the temple to get the Items.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Epona Demo! (Demo 3)
Soundless:    http://www.mediafire.com/?9z9anc4ye6nmkr1  <-2.1MB   (Enter opens menu... forgot to put this in the readme)
Sounded:     http://www.mediafire.com/?reg2qspb6rtclk9  <- 2.9MB

Demo 2: Deeproot Shrine Demo
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?v99e760szgdqbsf]
Youtube Video

Test out the Forest- themed temple of the game, the Deepwood Shrine!
Defeat the Troll (name w.i.p.) and Ghoma!
Kill some monsters- Skulltulas (custom sprites), Deku Babas!.
And Much, Much more.
**Note**
This is a fairly old demo, but most of the bugs are fixed, the filesize is good

Demo 1: Gerudo Areas Demo
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?h29pdmtgdj6fjay

Traverse through the <Gerudo Desert>, <Gerudo Valley> and <Haunted Wastelands> reigons.
Test out all of the *originally* current items.
Follow the "Phantom Guide"
Kill some Gerudo Theives.
And Much, Much more.
**Note**
This is an old demo, so it's full of bugs and errors- also the filesize is too big. wait for new demo before downloading.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 04:34:27 pm by The Boy »
I'll add one of these later.
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: The Awakening of a Shad...
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 06:18:38 pm »
Whoops.. i seem to of accidently put this game in "templates" can i move it?
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: The Awakening of a Shad...
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 11:40:33 pm »
Can't say much without a demo.  I do see that you are using one of dlbrooks' engines.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Re: [Screens] LoZ: The Awakening of a Shadow
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 07:24:46 am »
I moved your topic over to this board and altered the title so it had the correct tag; welcome to the forum too and good luck with your project.
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 03:18:14 pm »
Hmmm...well let's see this one get 'finished' then :D
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 04:10:41 pm »
No, i started off at the very start with Bunabart's engine from Yoyogames
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 06:50:38 am »
No offense but trying to make a game off someone elses engine isnt a good way to learn. Engines should be used as a tool for learning how things work not a way to cut corners. I cant't see this game getting very far if you lack the dedication to learn how to program a few simple things.
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 07:17:45 am »
No offense but trying to make a game off someone elses engine isnt a good way to learn. Engines should be used as a tool for learning how things work not a way to cut corners. I cant't see this game getting very far if you lack the dedication to learn how to program a few simple things.
Actually engines are part of code that take much time to code but has to be repeated for every new game. Thus yes, engines are made to cut corners. Especially corners that are to tedious to repeat over and over. Most of the time people abandon projects because they can't get through the engine stages. That he is using an engine makes it more viable that his game gets finished, because he can focus on the house and not the foundation, which is often more enjoyable.

Good luck The Boy, and keep up the work.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 07:21:04 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I was about to say; Engines are made so you don't have to code that portion of the game again and again.

In a sense, using GameMaker is like using a prebuilt engine, and it's in that sense that stating engines are for learning off of doesn't work ;p
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 08:08:19 am »
Well I guess what I meant to say is he's better off in the long run learning how to do it all on his own, didn't mean to knock his game just sharing my thoughts.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 08:11:58 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Sometimes the best way to learn is through an engine.

That's how I've learned what little I know of GML. Haven't really taken the time to learn more.

Looks great, man!

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 09:04:21 am »
Yeah.. i could of done all of the movement myself- but i like to start off with a "foundation"- something to work off of rather than starting from scratch- which is very tedious and boring.
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2010, 09:11:01 am »
Has anyone got any GB  or lttp styled gerudos? all i can find are one pose static images- useless.
EDIT:
i'll just edit some Din sprites.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 04:15:37 pm by The Boy »
Re: [Demo] LoZ: The Awakening of a Shadow
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2010, 02:05:41 pm »
Yes, I am aware of the hammer's shockwave bug- I had changed it's parent and i had uploaded it without realizing it- it will change back in the next update
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2010, 02:12:37 pm »
Tried the demo but I'm afraid to say I'm a little dissappointed.
-The filesize is 35mb. That's ... uuh... massive. Maybe it's the engine you are using that's so big?
-I start the game and it pops up in fullscreen. That makes the game look really ugly as oppossed to the default screen or a multiblication of that.
-The enemy on the left just moved over the pit and got stuck. I appearantly touched it shortly after and it dissappeared.
-Can't move left in or over the pit. Can't move right because of an invisible wall. So I'm stuck on the first screen :huh:
-There are no instruction (like F1 or in the starting post here) so I can't tell if I'm missing things aside from sword swinging and rolling. You're starting post mentions other items so I am probably wrong.
-If I walk left up against a wall and swing my sword the character's facing is changed after the animation. It happens for different directions as well. This isn't an issue while moving.

Don't be discouraged though. I've you work on your presentation then 1/3 of this is fixed instantly.
Another 1/3 is me complaining that there isn't much to do. Your screenshots say otherwise so that may not be an problem for the next demo.
And the last comments are glitches I guess.

Didn't like this demo, but I'll look forward to the next one.

Edit: Right. There is a read me file I missed. Let me check the game out a little further.

Edit2: This is more like it, but I do have a couple more things to mention:
- There were 6 instances where I moved to another screen, got hit before I was able to do anything and got pushed back to the previous screen.
- In the desert, if you bring up the menu, the sand is covering the menu.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 02:27:45 pm by Martijn dh »
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2010, 02:47:40 pm »
Tried the demo but I'm afraid to say I'm a little dissappointed.
-The filesize is 35mb. That's ... uuh... massive. Maybe it's the engine you are using that's so big?
-I start the game and it pops up in fullscreen. That makes the game look really ugly as oppossed to the default screen or a multiblication of that.
-The enemy on the left just moved over the pit and got stuck. I appearantly touched it shortly after and it dissappeared.
-Can't move left in or over the pit. Can't move right because of an invisible wall. So I'm stuck on the first screen :huh:
-There are no instruction (like F1 or in the starting post here) so I can't tell if I'm missing things aside from sword swinging and rolling. You're starting post mentions other items so I am probably wrong.
-If I walk left up against a wall and swing my sword the character's facing is changed after the animation. It happens for different directions as well. This isn't an issue while moving.

Don't be discouraged though. I've you work on your presentation then 1/3 of this is fixed instantly.
Another 1/3 is me complaining that there isn't much to do. Your screenshots say otherwise so that may not be an problem for the next demo.
And the last comments are glitches I guess.

Didn't like this demo, but I'll look forward to the next one.

Edit: Right. There is a read me file I missed. Let me check the game out a little further.

Edit2: This is more like it, but I do have a couple more things to mention:
- There were 6 instances where I moved to another screen, got hit before I was able to do anything and got pushed back to the previous screen.
- In the desert, if you bring up the menu, the sand is covering the menu.

Right, anyone with problems can just post them here and i'll see what i can do.
And another thing, try hookshotting over the holes.
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2010, 04:51:25 pm »
I tried your demo and what bothered me the most was that when I got to a new screen I got instantly hit by a leever. Another thing is that when a weapon fires it does not always go in the same direction you are facing. For example walk up against a wall, then walk slightly left and once more walk up. Now shoot the hookshot or the boomerang or arrows and they will fly off to the left. Also interesting ly is that there are pits and water but they act like walls.
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2010, 03:35:06 pm »
I tried your demo and what bothered me the most was that when I got to a new screen I got instantly hit by a leever. Another thing is that when a weapon fires it does not always go in the same direction you are facing. For example walk up against a wall, then walk slightly left and once more walk up. Now shoot the hookshot or the boomerang or arrows and they will fly off to the left. Also interesting ly is that there are pits and water but they act like walls.
Yeah.. that is what i am fixing now.
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 05:13:57 pm »
Ok.. all current reported and found bugs fixed... updated forest temple and storyline.
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 05:24:33 pm »
Added Saving system and "song" system. all i can say now is "hoot hoot"  XD
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.335 seconds with 80 queries.

anything