Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Starcraft 2 : About three weeks later....  (Read 2016 times)

Starcraft 2 : About three weeks later....
« on: August 17, 2010, 10:09:23 pm »
Still loving the game.  Battle.net is still having hiccups unfortunately.
The campaign actually feels like a real game instead of "Here is some story..okay and make 1000 units and win" mentality I got from the original Starcraft.  I enjoyed the later missions alot but the ending left me kinda pissed that they are going to really milk this into three games.

I don't think it was worth $60.  It should have been $39.99.  The multiplayer matchmaking is crap.  I have played over 100 matches and matchmaking is so frustrating.  You can go hours and hours and get nothing but noobs on your team where as the other team has pros(it seems).  Then you win one or two matches, then get hours of lame teams again.  Maybe I just play at the wrong time of day.

It is a great game but I don't think it warrants $60.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Xiphirx

wat
Re: Starcraft 2 : About three weeks later....
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 11:35:47 pm »
  • Xiphirx
I got it yesterday. My ID is Xiphirx#920 add me if you'd like.

I absolutely love it so far :D
  • For The Swarm

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 12:55:10 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
Honestly, the only reason I would buy it is for the modding community. I would seriously love to make my own standalone game using the SC2 engine.

Warcraft Future, anyone?
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 02:21:32 am »
Honestly, the only reason I would buy it is for the modding community. I would seriously love to make my own standalone game using the SC2 engine.

Warcraft Future, anyone?
Already working on a 3rd person shooter.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 03:30:36 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I'm still not sold.

I refuse to buy a game 3 times just to finish it. Episodic gaming is so retarded.
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 07:17:48 am »
I'm still not sold.

I refuse to buy a game 3 times just to finish it. Episodic gaming is so retarded.

Cash cow, Mammy.  They know there are enough people like myself to spend $60 on each game.
I wonder how Diablo 3 is going to turn out now.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 03:35:26 pm »
Oh come on, that argument that you have to buy the game 'three times' to finish it is !@#$%. There are plenty of games that are split up as episodes and nobody complains about that, they are still long and complete game experiences. (Mass Effect? Halo? Dead Space? GTA4? Gears of War?). The Starcraft 2 campaign is more elaborate than I have ever seen in an RTS. It just so happens that you mostly play with the Terrans. So what?
Oh, but I do agree that the people that run Activision Blizzard (Vivendi) are a bunch of greedy corporate assholes who do not really give a damn about gamers though. But I still buy their games, it sucks.

I have not really played a lot of games against real people so not sure about the placement being good or bad. I thought it was ok in the beta.

Also looking forward to the modding community to do some amazing things with the editor. It can do pretty much anything from what I've seen.

You know what the biggest problem with this game is? Region lock. I bought a US version because I don't like playing with Europeans (they suck at speaking a normal language like English), but now I can't play with some local people. !@#$% biggest oversight I have ever seen, especially for an eSports game that takes itself serious as such.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 03:38:50 pm by Kleaver »

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 06:53:09 pm »
  • .越//
i think the game content was alright for a full version... if they had done the campain like in wc3 that you just split the story of every race... then noone would complain about episodes... or if they just would have said... this is the game... and after a few months "here comes the addon"

when i think about episode games like sam&max or monkey island 5 then its really just a few hours gameplay and not worth the price... but sc2 had much content, gimmicks and eastereggs, multiplayer... so there are just three real complains about it to say: region locked battle.net matchmaking system, 1 of 3 campains ( i think everybody would have waited another year for all of it ) and no lan mode, everything else: wonderful game

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 53 queries.