Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Project Jaruno  (Read 2383 times)

MarioJR.

Project Jaruno
« on: August 02, 2010, 08:05:50 pm »
Yup, a Zelda project made with RPG Maker, and the 2003 ver with that. And it don't even featurs Link as the hero!
This time, the heroes, yes, there are two heroes, are Jaruno, an original character, and Romani.
The first part of the adventure is almost the same as the first part of OOT: you beat three bosses to get the three spirituals stones. But this time, it's not at Zelda's request, but at Romani's.
------------------
The story, first part
------------------
Jaruno, a teen from a far land, is lost in the Lost Woods. After wandering for hours, he finds a Kokiri, Fado. She helps him and takes him to the Kokiri Village, to Mido's house, who's her brother in this story, where Jaruno sleeps one night. After he wakes up, he get a Deku stick and go out of the woods and head to the Kokiri Village, where he is allowed to live in Impa's house. A few days later, Anju, her brother Grog, their grandfather Mutoh and grandmother "Granny." They temporarly moved there because Impa asked Mutoh and his gang to buils a new building in Kakariko Village. After some times, A girl arrives in the village, followed by monsters. She gets captured and taken into a grave in Kakariko's Graveyard, and Jaruno go to save her. The girl is Romani, and she asks Jaruno's help to find the three spirituals stones (the reason she needs them will be revealed later in the story.) So, they go to the Kokiri village to go see the Great Deku Tree to ask for the Kokiri's Emerald. The Great Deku Tree accepts, but in exchange the heroes must exterminate a fake Kokiri that stole the Kokiri Sword and intruded the Great Deku Tree's interior to destroy and burn things...

And here's the first video of the game:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK4lBK8yYfM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK4lBK8yYfM</a>

As for the graphics, for now, they are a mix of RPG Maker 2003 and ALTTP, and also a  littlke bit of FSA. Sadly, I don't have the graphics right now, so the vid is all I can give you guys...
For the door to the Goron Village and the Trunks are customs and were made after reference sketchs I drew while playing OOT. the walls are walls from RPG MAker 2003 but Photoshopped to change theur colors and a little bit edited in Paint. Most of the sprites are at least  little edited in Paint. In the Kokiri Village, I took all houses but Saria's from MaJoRa's LTTP Style OOT Kokiri Forest but edited in Photoshop and Paint, and Saria's house from Calvein's Custom LttP Trees - Treehouses and edited in Paint.

I plan on doing the interior of houses and fix Mido's house today and tommorow, and do the Kokiries too.

MarioJR.

Re: Project Jaruno
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 08:08:40 pm »
Reserved in case I need more space.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 08:14:43 pm »
Looks ok so far although i think people usually say that it doesn't look good mixing the different graphic styles, not sure how well it will go over. interesting names, Grog. He sounds more like a monster lol. Are you gonna eventually make the ledges jumpable instead of just the walk through you currently have for them?

Will the battle system be the classic RPG Maker turn based or are you editing it to make it an Action battle system like Zelda usually is?

MarioJR.

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 08:36:49 pm »
Grog is this guy, actually:

For the style mixing, I know that, and I will maybe try to make everything in the same style one day...
For the ledges, maybe, I'll try doing that too.
The battle system will be the same as playing a good ol' Final Fantasy. I admit I chose that because it was simpler, and also, there are two heroes, and I don't think you can program an AI that shoot the enemies for you like in the Mana serie with RPG Maker...
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 08:59:48 pm »
Grog is this guy, actually:

For the style mixing, I know that, and I will maybe try to make everything in the same style one day...
For the ledges, maybe, I'll try doing that too.
The battle system will be the same as playing a good ol' Final Fantasy. I admit I chose that because it was simpler, and also, there are two heroes, and I don't think you can program an AI that shoot the enemies for you like in the Mana serie with RPG Maker...

Ah, so thats Grog. For the ledges, it may be better to try and figure out how to do the normal Zelda type jumping from the ledge thing, helps it stay true to form.  A turn based Zelda game, interesting idea, i remember someone awhile ago created a turn based Zelda game. I'm assuming you will be using Enemy's and Monsters from the Zelda series? Will it be a completely Solo game, well Solo i mean just your two main Characters, or are you gonna have other party members as usual Turn based RPG fare?

You can program RPG Maker 2003 to use a Zelda type battle system, but it may be harder as you said there will be two heroes.

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 03:48:05 pm »
Also, don't record from your screen. Use a little app called AviScreen or something  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 49 queries.