Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spirit Mythes: The Deku Prophet  (Read 12623 times)

Re: Spirit Mythes: The Deku Prophet
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 10:32:14 am »
Alchemy is a small part of science, that mostly deals with mixing chemicals. If you have science on one pillar and magic (anti-science, I think Harry Potter wizardry and stuff) on the other, then as a third pillar I would suggest "Faith". Not so much religion, but actually faith.
I think your confusing Alchemy and Chemistry up. Chemistry is what your talking about. Alchemy is a mythical science based of chemistry were most of the greek and egyptian lore came from. (Ex.: Chimera, Sphynx, etc.) In my opinoin, even if faith is not ment by religion, we shouldn't use that becuase it will still have a too strong of a hold on cultures and etc... (Don't want to cause a cultural war like OoT did.)
With alchemy I think of is trying to turn lead into gold and creating the elixer of life. The things modern day chemistry is based of yes. What you are thinking of is Philosophy & mythology. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alchemy

But even Philosophy is a science. It makes a hypothesis, observes something, analyzes the observations and comes to a conclusion. It is not a technological (either mechanical, constructive or electrical) science that you are aiming at with Termina. But if you are going for a technological society with Termina, that had been utterly destroyed and left with no means to even construct technology. It somehow does not sound right.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 10:41:13 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
One common pattern that's true in every Zelda game is that they mention "magic" and other similar matters vaguely. It almost feels a bit unnatural to go specifically into alchemy in the Zelda universe. I almost get the impression that this particular game is being designed with inspiration from traditional RPG's and possibly MMORPG's instead of games in the Zelda series.

Typically the Zelda series doesn't go into too much depth about much of anything outside of Hyrule's origins. It never goes into origin stories or philosophical details of specific races/tribes (unless it's absolutely necessary and/or filler. WW uses a lot of the filler aspect with it's origin stories).

I've seen a lot of Zelda fangames come and go that break some very basic cardinal rules of the Zelda series. Sometimes it's best to stick within the mold provided :P

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 08:56:02 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Otherwise you just end up with another failed game. If you break the mold too much, no one will want to play it (unless it's done really well, which, no offense, I don't think you could really do). Stay to the standard formula and you should be fine.

This is another reason not to take things straight from failed games and plug them into your own, and instead use them as inspirational fodder for your own ideas. If you make a game where 90% of it is ripped from failed fan games, you'll have yet another failed fan game. Pull it off with your own ideas, however, and stay true to the basic Zelda format, and you'll be fine.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 08:57:35 pm by Mirby »

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010, 11:00:43 pm »
  • b e p i s
I can honestly say I would take your project more seriously if you spelled your title right.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2010, 02:18:13 am »
  • You heard of the thing from the place with stuff?
I can honestly say I would take your project more seriously if you spelled your title right.
What do you mean? What did I misspell? P.S.: That is not the final name, we are still in debate.
Sorry, I can't think of a more interesting sig. > .>

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2010, 04:13:45 pm »
  • b e p i s
What do you mean? What did I misspell? P.S.: That is not the final name, we are still in debate.

Myths.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2010, 07:51:32 pm »
Myths.
XD That is becuase I'm not trying to spell Myths. Mythe is a tribe. :P
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2010, 06:14:28 am »
Yeah I kinda like to see screens too, your game sounds fun d^_^b  XD
I'd like to give you something to look forward too, but I rather not spoil anything. You know, give a real surprise that will astonish the site (to the max point that an amature like me can do). You don't see me begging Miyamoto for ZWii screenies. Besides, I already gave out a lot of back story (although not all). I was thinking of making a demo with at most the first third of the dungeons and no more when i was about 90% done.
Okay, so we arn't going to reveal any screenshots atm, but we decided to spill a little do to technical difficulties.

The Final Dungeon of SM is an area called Proc-Necon (which means Holy Groud on the Ground). This area is what we are questionin wether it should be the same place as Stone Tower from Majora's Mask. We basicly based the area off an absolutly non-canonical/non-proven theory -> http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/nes-snes-n64-zelda/50295-stone-tower-of-babel-why-termina-was-doomed.html. Proc-Necon is reached by acheiving the Four Sacred Objects which defy the gods (no they are not obtained through dungeons) and going to New Clock Town's Clock Tower and "Hang" the objects there. Once done, you have to wait for the First day or if your already in the First day, you need to enter the exit of New Clock Town. (If you don't finish the dungeon by the end of the third day, you won't be able to leave unless you wait for a new cycle.) At that moment, Proc-Necon will fall from the sky as if it rised from the ground, but it was upsidedown.

Proc-Necon is was a temple that the men of Ikana built to defy the Three Goddesses, fore Termina except some (which were the ancestors of the survivors) worshiped the Four Giants. Each Giant was a fragment of the God's corruption. The temple was built to banish the gods so Giants may come and deem their land as the New Holy Ground. They created a mask known as the Giant's Mask (isn't an obtainable item) which was shrined in the center of the temple. If you look at the entrance of the temple, it is in the shape of a heart opeing up, if you look at upsie down, it seems to be the head of a Screaming Goron (yes the base of the temple's entrance is the Giant goron from MC). If you go to were the Giant's Mask should be, in its place you see a statue decipting a Giant sleeping with his arms handcuffed. Inside the dungeon, you must go through a seris of puzzles and fine/make use of the Fire arrow. (Once you get hte arrow, you can leave the dungeon and do some outside puzzles to get some heart containers.) Once you get the boss key, you have to burn the vines under the giant to reveal a door, open it
Show content
and you are confronted by you sibling (Sen if your Zelda, Zelda if your Sen), to your surprise, (s)he is the boss, but in reality, your the boss. In the first stage, it's one on one combat. In round two, you grow tentacles from your back, so does your oppenet, and your oponets tactics alter (to get/deal damage at this point, you have to avoid being attacked in the back/attack your oppenet in the back). In round 3, congratulations you killed your sibling, but now your father walks in...... He points to a scealed sword (like Deathsword in TP) that wasn't their before. The sword comes out and in floats over to your father's hand (somehow, every time we code that part, the game freezes up so we are trying to fix that). He walks over to your sibling and takes his/her corp then walks back into the door to leave (this part seems like it should be more difficult to code than the sword thing, but for some reason, this was the easy one). However, then, the sceal breaks and out comes Farore's Wrath. We won't spoil how you fight this last stage. When your done the tower croumbles and you die in the crash. From outside you see a black light (Ord) with the stone giant in his hand. He says "It's okay my puppet, my plan worked, the world will finally be ensured to death.) Yes the game ends with a bad ending... Romeo and Julliet, whoopdeedoo... So if you didn't figure it out yet, the fourth god, Ord, left the land but sneaked back in to make the false gods, the Four Giants. Din and Nayru go looking after Ord, but never survived the way back, becuase the gods are weak when alone. Farore and Ord survived becuase they were still in the same land. Farore, being the youngest, made foolish choices like making the Bokoblin and trying to curse the Four Giants, but in the process got attacked by Ord. Ord scealed away Farore in her final stage and right before that, he turned his giant into stone so she can't kill him, the sword was the sceal to the goddess, but also the sceal that turned his giant into stone. He was awaiting the player to release the sword to distract Farore while he went and rescued his giant so then attempted to kill Farore in a crash. Ord then commenced to rule the world with his giant in pure dictatorship.
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2010, 09:45:17 am »
Random, one small advice. When revealing story parts and you want some feedback on it, please make it inviting to read. With this part and with the earlier part you have a giant wall of text someone could easily get lost in. No structure to it. Combined story stuff with explanatory comments. It is really difficult to read, without the structure and any text markup

You will hardly get any reply and people will just skim the text very lightly. And secondly, when you post a story part, it is also nice when you use the button "Spell Check" in the post reply screen, to get rid of all the typo's

Myths.
XD That is because I'm not trying to spell Myths. Mythe is a tribe. :P

So, you made up a new word that functions as a name. Nice idea, bit faulty in the practice. I would have chosen a word that is not that easy confused.

Okay, so we aren't going to reveal any screenshots atm, but we decided to spill a little do to technical difficulties.

The Final Dungeon of SM is an area called Proc-Necon (which means Holy Groud on the Ground).
You don't give screens, because you don't want to ruin the surprise. But you are going to reveal the climax of the story. That truly is having your priorities straight

This area is what we are questionin wether it should be the same place as Stone Tower from Majora's Mask. We basicly based the area off an absolutly non-canonical/non-proven theory -> http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/nes-snes-n64-zelda/50295-stone-tower-of-babel-why-termina-was-doomed.html.
Never liked that theory. It searches for deeper meaning behind something that is just a great dungeon.

At that moment, Proc-Necon will fall from the sky as if it rised from the ground, but it was upsidedown.

(yes the base of the temple's entrance is the Giant goron from MC)
I'm a little confused. Are you going to make a 2D or a 3D game.

Proc-Necon is was a temple that the men of Ikana built to defy the Three Goddesses, fore Termina except some (which were the ancestors of the survivors) worshiped the Four Giants. Each Giant was a fragment of the God's corruption. The temple was built to banish the gods so Giants may come and deem their land as the New Holy Ground. They created a mask known as the Giant's Mask (isn't an obtainable item) which was shrined in the center of the temple.
I don't know what you are trying to get at here, but it seems to me a bit of irrelevant info about how you are tying it all in to MM. Which are even inconsistent with MM.

open it
Show content
and you are confronted by you sibling (Sen if your Zelda, Zelda if your Sen), to your surprise, (s)he is the boss, but in reality, your the boss. In the first stage, it's one on one combat. In round two, you grow tentacles from your back, so does your oppenet, and your oponets tactics alter (to get/deal damage at this point, you have to avoid being attacked in the back/attack your oppenet in the back). In round 3, congratulations you killed your sibling, but now your father walks in...... He points to a scealed sword (like Deathsword in TP) that wasn't their before. The sword comes out and in floats over to your father's hand (somehow, every time we code that part, the game freezes up so we are trying to fix that). He walks over to your sibling and takes his/her corp then walks back into the door to leave (this part seems like it should be more difficult to code than the sword thing, but for some reason, this was the easy one).
Wait! ..... what! ..... really? ...... WTF,
Show content
you grow tentacles (WTF), you kill your sibling (WTF). Your father doesn't mind (deranged dude). Well, confronting your sibling, killing him/her and your father not minding it, can be good storytelling. (Except that both siblings are chosen heroes of the story.) But the tentacles growing out of your back is really a bad idea. What happened to letting the player be the player.

Show content
However, then, the sceal breaks and out comes Farore's Wrath. We won't spoil how you fight this last stage. When your done the tower croumbles and you die in the crash. From outside you see a black light (Ord) with the stone giant in his hand. He says "It's okay my puppet, my plan worked, the world will finally be ensured to death.) Yes the game ends with a bad ending... Romeo and Julliet, whoopdeedoo... So if you didn't figure it out yet, the fourth god, Ord, left the land but sneaked back in to make the false gods, the Four Giants. Din and Nayru go looking after Ord, but never survived the way back, becuase the gods are weak when alone. Farore and Ord survived becuase they were still in the same land. Farore, being the youngest, made foolish choices like making the Bokoblin and trying to curse the Four Giants, but in the process got attacked by Ord. Ord scealed away Farore in her final stage and right before that, he turned his giant into stone so she can't kill him, the sword was the sceal to the goddess, but also the sceal that turned his giant into stone. He was awaiting the player to release the sword to distract Farore while he went and rescued his giant so then attempted to kill Farore in a crash. Ord then commenced to rule the world with his giant in pure dictatorship.
You either scrapped this ending and replaced it with a better one or you just ruined your entire game and we don't need to play it anymore.
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2010, 11:35:32 pm »
You don't give screens, because you don't want to ruin the surprise. But you are going to reveal the climax of the story. That truly is having your priorities straight
That is why I put a spoiler tag. Read at your own risk.

Never liked that theory. It searches for deeper meaning behind something that is just a great dungeon.
Well, it is actualy the basis of our dungeon.

I'm a little confused. Are you going to make a 2D or a 3D game.
It is a 2D game with cutscenes.

I don't know what you are trying to get at here, but it seems to me a bit of irrelevant info about how you are tying it all in to MM. Which are even inconsistent with MM.
Well, MM was actualy really important to the storyline. (Although the only places in termina in my game is 1 dungeon, Neo Clock Town, and a Clock.)

Wait! ..... what! ..... really? ...... WTF,
Show content
you grow tentacles (WTF), you kill your sibling (WTF). Your father doesn't mind (deranged dude). Well, confronting your sibling, killing him/her and your father not minding it, can be good storytelling. (Except that both siblings are chosen heroes of the story.) But the tentacles growing out of your back is really a bad idea. What happened to letting the player be the player.
Yes, don't ask........ It has to do with a grave.... Yes, you kill
Show content
your siblings
. That is what really confuses the character. Becuase the role of the ambassador
Show content
is actualy the role of the deamon at that point in time according to his father's text, which is why his father one day expected this. (That is also why Vasu "quite" to see who's the ambassador.)

You either scrapped this ending and replaced it with a better one or you just ruined your entire game and we don't need to play it anymore.
No we didn't scrap it. Also, that is why I put a spoiler! Read at your own risk. It was your choice to click on the spoiler button and see what it says.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2010, 11:49:12 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
If you go too in depth with your "hero" story, you lose what it means to have a Zelda game. Might as well make a Final Fantasy game if that's the case. You're going to want to drop the intense back story for Link, it ruins it :x
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2010, 11:58:32 pm »
If you go too in depth with your "hero" story, you lose what it means to have a Zelda game. Might as well make a Final Fantasy game if that's the case. You're going to want to drop the intense back story for Link, it ruins it :x
I never played final fantasy any further than a tutoril, but I udnerstand what your getting at becuase we get really in-dept into Sen/Zelda personalities and feelings. Now that you mention it, we have to tone it down a lot.

Post Script: Link does not appear in my game, only Sen and Zelda of the royal family are playable (except for certians times when you use Jalhalla).
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2010, 08:40:08 am »
Got a suppot icon, but it is just a mockup. (Not a very good one.)

Code: [Select]
[url=http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=36068][img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3434/supportspiritmythes.png[/img][/url]
First person to spot all the differences between this fountain and other ones in one post gets a cookie. ;)

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2010, 02:32:03 pm »
  • .越//
the fairy and the text! =P

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2010, 08:35:58 pm »
the fairy and the text! =P
The text and color of the room doesn't count. But there is a lot moe.

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2010, 09:20:06 pm »
The fairy, the tiling near the pillar things, water color change methinks and the frills on the side of the Big door.
  • Dawning Hour
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2010, 09:22:02 pm »
The fairy, the tiling near the pillar things, water color change methinks and the frills on the side of the Big door.
Still more. The water color didn't change. and what tilting? Compare itto a ormal fountain by putting one next to the other.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2010, 09:58:00 pm »
Why didn't you just post the images here? You don't need the code tag for BBCode...

• Mirby Studios

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2010, 07:33:47 am »
  • .越//
Why didn't you just post the images here? You don't need the code tag for BBCode...

he wants you to put this code in your profile for support

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2010, 08:25:31 pm »
Ah. That's too tall of an image for me to put in my sig, sorry...

• Mirby Studios
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 78 queries.

anything