Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Mysteries(working title)  (Read 7510 times)

Dark-Hylian

Silence
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Mysteries(working tit...
« on: November 08, 2009, 09:24:34 pm »
Alright. I'm working on a game in Game Maker 7 currently. I don't REALLY want to release much at this point, but it's in Minish Cap style and a bit like a mix of the Oracle of Seasons/Ages games and Majora's Mask. Please, if you are interested in helping, I'm in need of Scripters and Spriters. My email is Scar_boy@comcast.net, and my 'website' is http://www.oracleofmystery.webs.com/

If you email me, I will fill you in some more, and see if I can use your talents. That's all. XD
[Edit: Site's broken, webs is being stupid. Might take a bit to rebuild]
[Edit: No Longer Broken!!]
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 03:29:48 am by Dark-Hylian »
  • Dawning Hour
Re: Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Mysteries
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 09:39:00 pm »
If you really need some help with your game, you need to show more about your game. People would like to know that the game has potential. You are making a fangame, not a game for commercial release, so there is not much reason to keep it all hushed up.

PS: I can see you are new here, but you could have at least read the rules, before posting in a random board. This topic should go in the recruitment sections
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 09:50:00 pm »
Don't worry hylian, ignore niek, he is some weird strict guy that strangely prefers to see progress of a game

hylian i will make the game for you

here is starting code

<html>
<title>this is dark hylian's game</title>
<body>so cool game</body>
</html>

you're welcome, you are free to use it

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 01:06:14 am »
  • Xiphirx
Don't worry hylian, ignore niek, he is some weird strict guy that strangely prefers to see progress of a game

here is starting code

<html>
<head>
</head>
</html>

Fix'd
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 01:21:38 am »

here is starting code

<html>
<head>
</head>
</html>

Fix'd

Thank's for fixing it up, the majority of that was my main code though, so please don't steal it without asking, i had to study and remember a lot for that engine to work.

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 01:23:09 am »
  • Xiphirx

here is starting code

<html>
<head>
</head>
</html>

Fix'd

Thank's for fixing it up, the majority of that was my main code though, so please don't steal it without asking, i had to study and remember a lot for that engine to work.

No problem at all, I see the advanced particle engine there.
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 01:40:03 am »
  • Minalien
Code: [Select]
<!-- Starts the Game -->
<html>
<!-- Game Information -->
<head>
<!-- Title Screen - this makes our !@#$% incredibly badass -->
</head>

<!-- Here's what makes everything work. This combines the Rendering Engine with the secret, high-technology Badassery Engine to make the game stomp everybody. -->

<!-- ????? -->
</html>
<!-- Profit. -->

Fixed again. Uncommented code is the devil.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 01:59:05 am »
  • Xiphirx
Code: [Select]
<!-- Starts the Game -->
<html>
<!-- Game Information -->
<head>
<!-- Title Screen - this makes our !@#$% incredibly badass -->
</head>

<!-- Here's what makes everything work. This combines the Rendering Engine with the secret, high-technology Badassery Engine to make the game stomp everybody. -->

<!-- ????? -->
</html>
<!-- Profit. -->

Fixed again. Uncommented code is the devil.

lern 2 tab
  • For The Swarm

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 02:27:05 am »
I'm just about to post some screenshots on my site, if anyone cares to check it out.  ;)
www.oracleofmystery.webs.com
  • Dawning Hour
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 02:38:11 am »
  • Minalien
Okay, since you're ignoring our mocking and your website has even less information than this post, I'll reiterate.

GIVE SOME INFORMATION ON YOUR PROJECT IF YOU WANT ANYBODY TO GIVE A DAMN.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 02:40:16 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Okay, since you're ignoring our mocking and your website has even less information than this post, I'll reiterate.

I think what he's doing is called "taking the high road". It's like an overpass on a highway... You're on the road below under the bridge with all the scum and hobos pissing all over the place, while he's driving along the bridge just above with the top down enjoying the sun :D

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 02:53:50 am »
Exactly! Glad somebody understands. As for any unnecessary, rude comments, I simply ignore them, so you waste your time. Constructive criticism, key word being constructive, I listen to and try to resolve, however.
  • Dawning Hour
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 08:42:42 pm »
I have taken a look at your website, but I'm sorry to say that I don't really see much that would make me want to get involved. Frankly, it also doesn't really say anything that makes me believe it is a well thought through concept. Also the story and the map description don't look like much creativity.

So my apologies.
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 08:56:12 pm »
  • Minalien

I think what he's doing is called "taking the high road". It's like an overpass on a highway... You're on the road below under the bridge with all the scum and hobos pissing all over the place, while he's driving along the bridge just above with the top down enjoying the sun :D
You're right. In the future, I'll just tell him to show more information and stop being a dumbass if he wants anybody on the site to take him seriously about developing a project.

I'm just putting into words what others are saying by not posting. If the only activity this post has received has been FISSURE, Xiphy, and I trolling the hell out of it, save for people like yourself who show up only because of my activity in here, it speaks at length about how he failed to (and still fails to) elaborate on the development of this future Recycle Bin project.

I'm sure that you know enough about me, Travis, to know that even my trolling has a point.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 08:59:58 pm by Miyako-chan »

• Development Blog

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2009, 09:22:15 pm »
  • Xiphirx
I'm sure that you know enough about me, Travis, to know that even my trolling has a point.

Being under a highway pissing on innocent kittens? D':

You might want to fix that link in the first post Dark-Hylian.

Oh yeah, put a story and the game features up.
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 09:47:35 pm »
  • Minalien
Beyond the gratification of being an !@#$%, I mean D:!

If I am able to continue being an !@#$% and a troll to people, and others participate, it shows that a user has truly made a dumbass mistake. Knowing where your mistakes lie helps you learn from them.

Okay, I lied, it's just fun being an ass.

• Development Blog

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 06:04:52 pm »
Alright (Story and Overworld aren't complete yet, main reason I didn't release them earlier)

Oracle of Mysteries revolves around the shifting between realms, each having an effect on the other, much like Minish Cap's shrinking and growing. I've decided that I want it to have the 'Link's Awakening' feel, big overworld, etc...

Anyways:

~~~~~

Our story takes place many centuries after what were known as the Seven Dark Years, after the Hero of Time vanquished Ganondorf, sealing him away forever. Long after the same Hero of Time ventured into a world called Termina, and come back again alive, the face of Hyrule looks different than it did before. Now an Island, its surroundings have modified themselves accordingly. Legend has it that the three Oracles, Nayru, Farore and Din have made homes for themselves in secluded areas of this 'New Hyrule'.

As all this happens, as Hyrule is reshaped and reformed, an evil lurks beneath what was once called the Temple of Time. Long has it been imprisoned, and longer still has it been waiting for revenge. Now, as the cataclysmic events proceeding the reformation of Hyrule weaken its restraints, the evil grows stronger. Slowly and silently, it sends forth wraith-like creatures, which disperse themselves out into the world.

Now, our hero turns ten, and is accepted into training for knighthood. As he is commemorated by his long time friend, Princess Zelda, near tragedy strikes. One of the shadowy Remnants kidnaps the princess, and is only just stopped by our hero. Upon its defeat, Zelda and our hero uncover an ancient legend, which, if true, could bring about the end of Hyrule.

~~~~~

Geography (Not finished!!! and not the same as on my site)

~~~~~

Being an Island, Hyrule has a coast, and it is accessible from most areas.
Death Mountain, in the top lefthand area of the map, has spread into a mountain chain, across the northern area.
Hyrule Castle has been destroyed, and is just about rebuilt as the Silver Tower, in just about the same spot.
Hyrule Town is to the right of the Tower. (And not modern, like minish caps, more like Links Awakening/Oracles)
To the right of Hyrule Town itself is Lake Hylia Area(need a name), Home of the Oracle Nayru.
Lake Hylia has swelled, fed from a mountain waterfall, and now spills over into the areas south of it.
The far right side of Lake Hylia is land, but is cut off from the rest of Hyrule.
This area contains a Town, and Snowmaw Peaks, a snowy mountain area.
Below Lake Hylia is the Swamp of Despair, directly below the Lake Hylia Waterfall.
South still of the Swamp of Despair is the Forest of Silence, home to the Oracle Farore.
On the border between the Swamp and Forest lies the Deku Kingdom.
The Forest contains the Lost Woods and Temple of Time as well.
On the border of the Forest and Hyrule Field to the left, is the village Lothus.
Above Lothus is Horrid Reach, (Contains Dungeon, that's all i have planned as of now).
Hyrule Field's southern edge is all coast.
Hyrule Field is home to the Lon Lon ranch and lies directly below Castle Town.
To the Left of Hyrule Field, below the Silver Tower, is the Echo Cavern.
On it's left is the town of... (need a name), one of three/four big towns in game.
To the Left of this is coast, but to the North is Death Mountain Trail.
Between Death Mountain Range and Silver Tower and Castle Town is the Bone Yard.
The Bone Yard is mainly just a cemetery.
South of the (Village south of Death Mountain Trail) is the Endless Waste, a desert.
The Endless Waste is home to the few remaining Gerudo and the Oracle Din.
To the Right of the Endless Waste is Hyrule Field.
The Southern Coast is pretty much a sideways L, reaching up to the Right.
The Southern Coast is the center of a few sidequests.
~~~~~

ANYWAYS

~~~~~

People have been asking for some info, so there it is. Also, I have some screenies to post.

• Dawning Hour

Miragos

ᚺᚨᛚᛁᚨ᛫ᚹᛁᛊᚨᛞᚨᚢ᛫ᛟᚱᛁᚾᛁᛋ᛫ᚷᚨᛊᛏᛋ
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 07:54:05 pm »
  • 地獄に儚く惑った
Maybe I could help you a little bit with spriting since you already used my MC-style desert tilesheet   XD
By the way:
Make sure you give credits to
-Miragos (me) for editing, recoloring stuff, creating custom tiles and making the tilesheet you are using
-TLoZPoP for the general desert stuff he posted here: http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=26523.0
-Joe123 for his DoR-Tileset desert update (I recolored some tiles of this tilesheet)
Current project: Vortex of Height
Spriter of: Oracle of Mystery
               The Mask of Sheikah
  • Miragos Project Site

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2009, 07:58:24 pm »
Yup, credit was logged as soon as I found it and decided to use it.
  • Dawning Hour

Miragos

ᚺᚨᛚᛁᚨ᛫ᚹᛁᛊᚨᛞᚨᚢ᛫ᛟᚱᛁᚾᛁᛋ᛫ᚷᚨᛊᛏᛋ
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2009, 08:09:42 pm »
  • 地獄に儚く惑った
Your website does not work.

Edit: I found the problem:
Your link was "http://www.oracleofmystery.webs.com./", but actually it is
"http://www.oracleofmystery.webs.com/" ;)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 08:13:31 pm by Miragos »
Current project: Vortex of Height
Spriter of: Oracle of Mystery
               The Mask of Sheikah
  • Miragos Project Site
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 77 queries.