Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping MC Link & items animations  (Read 4293 times)

Ripping MC Link & items animations
« on: September 04, 2009, 08:08:53 am »
Okay, I decided to rip sprites of Link from the Minish Cap. I'll use this topic to post the latest sheets. One sheet is just Link's movements without the use of weapons and the other sheet is Link using weapons. With Link I focus on just the green tunic, because the red, blue and purple are a bit more difficult.

Update 2009-11-21
Added a weapon action:
- Cane of Paci

Redone:
- Ocarina of Winds.

Both Ocarina of Winds and Cane of Paci were ripped with VBA's OAM Viewer.

Update 2009-10-27
Added the following basic actions to the spritesheet.
- Bouncing
- Drowning
- Floating
- Swimming
- Diving
- Climbing Vertical
- Climbing Horizontal
- Reaching the top of a Climbing

Added the following extras:
- Grass (for walking through high grass)
- Water Ripples (for walking through shallow water)
- Water Ripples (for swimming)
- Water Splash (for entering the water)
- Water Splash (for drowing)
- Water Splash (for going under with drowning)

Added to the weapons:
- Ocarina of Winds
- Flame Lantern

Added an extensive HUD and Menu sheet.

Update 2009-09-09:
Link movements:
- Idle/Standing still.
- Falling in a pit
- Walking
- Rolling

Link weapons:
- Bow & Arrow & Light Arrow.

Anyone who wants to help your welcome.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just like I pointed out in this topic: http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34949.0, I couldn't really find any spritesheets with the animations of the items used in the game. With this I don't mean the items as you see them on the menu screen and HUD, but as you see them animated on Link or in the game world, when you push the item button.

Thus, my request is: has anyone a spritesheet with all the animations for items (preferably detached from the Link animations) from MC. This includes all the animations of different levels, dust clouds and of projectiles also.

Here's a list with the items in MC:
- Sword (+charge and beams)
- Shield
- Pegasus Boots (+ dust clouds)
- Gust Jar (+ sucking clouds)
- Mole Mitts (+ dig spot animations)
- Roc's Cape
- Cane of Pacci (+ beam)
- Flame Lantern
- Ocarina of Wind
- (Magical) Boomerang
- (Remote) Bombs (+ explosions)
- Bow (+ arrows)
- Bottle drinking and emptying (+ various contents)

It is for the MC Engine of the Community Project. Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 10:48:11 pm by Niek »

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: [Request] MC items animations
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 08:19:16 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Your best bet would probably be to use Windy's VBA ripper (found on our portal) and have that batch rip each sprite you need. It's all pretty straight forward in terms of ease-of-use. It's a tad taxing on your CPU though D:
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 08:23:13 am »
Your best bet would probably be to use Windy's VBA ripper (found on our portal) and have that batch rip each sprite you need. It's all pretty straight forward in terms of ease-of-use. It's a tad taxing on your CPU though D:
I can never get that good !@#$% to work :(  It always crashes my computer.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 10:51:42 am »
I can never get that good !@#$% to work :(  It always crashes my computer.

At this moment my PC is a bit down for the count, so I'm stuck with my ultra slow laptop. Using VBA Ripper is therefore temporary out of option.

Mamo: I've tried to rip sprites using VBA Ripper once before. And yes, it was taxing on the CPU. And no, it wasn't as straight forward as it is made out to be. This can be, because I don't think like a normal person or the straight forwardness is still open to interpretation. I've asked Windy once, but he said that the menu options are self-explainatory. Maybe I don't know some of the technical terms or maybe I don't have my English idioms correct, but there is definitely something getting lost in translation. A tutorial would be nice. And preferably one that has complete sprites and not where you have to puzzle the pieces together. :P

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 01:54:43 pm »
  • Idk
Here is the most of the things your looking for:

Don't forget to credit.  :P
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 09:22:24 pm »
Mamo, I tried Windy's VBA Ripper again. Maybe it is because of the fresh Windows installation or my laptop is finally taking my threats serious, but it is playing nice. Ripping sprites is working out well (cross my fingers).

SinkinDevil: Thanks for the sprite sheet. If I get in trouble with the ripping I will definitely use it. But to use it in the engine, I need to edit the sprites by separating Link from the weapon. I've done this with Frozenfire's bow sprite and that was really a shitload of work. So I think I'll stick with ripping them myself.

I put a sheet with the bow sprites in the first post and I will update them with the new sprites I rip.
Re: Ripping MC Link & items animations
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 08:20:19 pm »
Next to Link animations I have begun to work on a sheet for the HUD and menu. It is nowhere near finished, but I'd like to share this already.

PS: The yellow numbers are for when something has reached its maximum amount. Because not everynumber is used, I colored most of them myself with the used numbers as an example.

The blue Tingle statue is something I found among the data I ripped once. Don't know where it came from but it was there nonetheless. I thought it was funny to add it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 09:34:31 pm by Niek »
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 10:12:03 am »
Okay, I found a little bit of time to work on the spritesheets a bit more. Ripped some more Link actions. For the updated sheets see the first post.
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 10:50:29 pm »
Updated the Link sprite sheet again. Added the Cane of Paci. I also found out that VBA has something called OAM Viewer. Pretty nifty. Reripped the Ocarina of Winds with it as well as ripped the Cane of Paci with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.359 seconds with 56 queries.

anything