Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda Vector Art  (Read 6534 times)

Zelda Vector Art
« on: June 08, 2009, 01:54:17 pm »
I am no real expert at vector art, but lately I have been rather bored and got good old Inkscape out. This is the result, so tell me what you think:

Link:

New Character from E3 2009:

I never really got around to colouring Link, but being that I am just messing around it's not really that important. yes they are also basically just tracings too, hopefully I will be able to do it purely from imagination with enough practice.
  • Elliott Parkinson

DJvenom

super-sage
Re: Zelda Vector Art
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 01:56:23 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
Vector art YAY! I love em, Majora :D
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 02:12:11 pm »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
Very nice. The only thing I will say though is that next time you may want to try varying the thickness of the lines and try to get them to taper off at the ends. It adds more interest to the lines, preventing line art from looking dull/uniform.
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 02:21:40 pm »
Very nice. The only thing I will say though is that next time you may want to try varying the thickness of the lines and try to get them to taper off at the ends. It adds more interest to the lines, preventing line art from looking dull/uniform.

Line thickness is something easily done, an issue I have is tapering the lines off at the end though. I am not sure it supports it, or if it does I am unsure how to do it. I will have to look into it.
  • Elliott Parkinson

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 03:27:06 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
it appears your program allows fills. I personally just started to taper and vary width in flash, but it basically requires you to outline the outlines, and fill them in then taper and adjust as you see visually appealing. It's an extra step, but I have to say it does make art pop a lot more. You're just getting back in to it tho, and these 2 pieces are very nice :]
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 03:55:07 pm »
Really awesome stuff! The Link vector is especially amazing. His hair looks a bit weird, but everything else looks really nice, especially the shield.
Hm... I should probably put something here...
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 05:23:11 pm »
it appears your program allows fills. I personally just started to taper and vary width in flash, but it basically requires you to outline the outlines, and fill them in then taper and adjust as you see visually appealing. It's an extra step, but I have to say it does make art pop a lot more. You're just getting back in to it tho, and these 2 pieces are very nice :]

That sounds like an interesting way of doing it, although terribly long winded. Out of curiosity, how is it you go about deciding which is the thickest and which is the thinest sections to the lines?
  • Elliott Parkinson

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 05:37:18 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
Well I'm still tracing, so I base it on what I'm tracing *points to avatar* if you look at the jawline and around the top of the hair, the lines are thinner at parts it also tapers where the lines end, making them flow into the other portions of the piece
[spoiler=Click for bigger shot :P][/spoiler]
but when doing custom art, I'd guess just thicken them up where it looks visually stimulating (where less light is hitting, or where stuff needs to pop out more)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 05:41:45 pm by DJvenom »
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 53 queries.

anything