Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend Of Zelda: The Cane Of Time  (Read 12903 times)

The Legend Of Zelda: The Cane Of Time
« on: May 26, 2009, 03:45:44 pm »
Note: The touch screen is just a mock-up for now. The graphics used for the touchscreen are not anyway near the graphics that are gonna be used.

Chain of events:

1)a) You wake up
1)b) Father sends you to hyrule castle/town, to get some groceries or something.
1)c) When you leave the hyrule castle/town, it gets attacked.
1)d) You faint

2)a) You wake up, boddies are lying everywhere, hyrule castle/town is corrupted.
2)b) Cutscene: link can't breath, his health is decreasing. He runs outside out of hyrule castle/town.

Note: only hyrule castle/town is corrupted.

2)c) You cant progress into the next are of hyrule fied, unless u pull out a sword out of a dead bodies and find a shield lying around somewhere.

3)a) You get to your father's house, your father tells you to visit another town in hyrule to find out whats going on.

3)b) In that town you find out what happened by talking to npc.

3)c) You enter the town's town hall and you involuntary sent to investigate the Forest temple.

4) Forest Temple

Random information:

:: Lv 1 and 2 have been sketched up :-)
:: Lv 1 is a forest temple. Where you obtain Roc's feather.  
:: Lv 2 is the Fire temple located in Death mountain. Were you obtain the lens of truth.
:: All graphics are costume.
:: The game will have a smilar style to Lttp,but it will also be unique.    
:: Most of the overworld tilesets are done. (the blueish tileset is the corrupted world).
:: LV.1 tileset is nearly complete.
:: Link does not start with the green robe (unlike the screens show).
:: He will recieve it near the end of of the game
:: All bosses will be unique.
:: The play will have to discover the games story. It wont be told straight forward.
:: The game is being made in VGMC.

Quick World Map Sketch:

Building Team:

Im really hopping to have a team working on this. Everybody who wants, can work on this project . You'll have nearly completle freedom. You can design your own dungeons, monsters, items etc. The only limit is that u have to work in the same style as the rest of the game. You'll be able to also edit, redoo and add stuff to the games story if u want (the game for now is kinda storyless).
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 01:23:18 pm by masterpaul »

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: (unkown name)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 03:55:22 pm »
Woah! What's with the bright and bizarre colours?
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 04:24:57 pm »
Woah! What's with the bright and bizarre colours?

Its the games style :P

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 04:29:26 pm »
No offense but Link looks a bit too bright for the style then. Maybe tone down Link would make it better
  • Phoenix Heart

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 04:52:55 pm »
Negative coloring is NOT a good way to go. Make it "normal".
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 06:35:47 pm »
Link is too bright. The only negative colouring is the river canyon backround in the 2nd Forest temple screenshot. I need to change it.

But apart from that i prefer this style, seems more alive.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 07:16:32 pm by masterpaul »
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 07:42:10 pm »
I must say that I'm also feeling weird at the screens. Especially because you seem to be using 3 different styles together. Link and the menu at the bottom have the form and coloring of the Minish Cap. The rest of the screen and menu items seem to have the form style of ALttP and the coloring style of the GBC. The graphics don't compliment each other, they actually break the illusion.

I also think pulling a sword out of a dead body sounds really creepy and gross. Not really appropriate for a Zelda game.

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 08:06:55 pm »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
To be honest I kinda find the graphical style rather original but the one thing I absolutely dislike is the fact the inventory is in Minish cap style that clashes terribly with the style you have going for the game... custom or LttP would prolly be the best way to go for the menu graphics.
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 08:22:31 pm »
The touch screen was just a mock, i just wanted to show the concept. Cracked up up some random graphics for it.

The "weapon selecting" woud be real time. The 4 circles on the right represent the 4 bottems on the ds. You would drag ur weapon onto one on the these cirlces, to equip it.

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 09:18:21 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Are you making this for the DS or a DS emulator or something?

The bright style is different, but in a good way. I think that, once you change everything to fit that "bright" style, it will be much better, because some of the graphics do kinda need changing.

I'll have to keep my eye on this game. :)

Edit: Just noticed the "DS homebrew" lol, guess I'm blind
  • My Music
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 10:52:32 am »
Im wondering what to do with the enemies, what style they should follow. And link isnt final either.

A few ideas:

:: Link is the son of a fisherman.

:: Im thinking of locating a dungeon on an island.

:: The green robe (aka's heros robe) will have magical properties, the atmoshphere of the corrupted area of hyrule wont eat away ur health. This robe could be the reason why ur going through all these dungeons.

Anyway who wants to become a part of this project?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 11:20:48 am by masterpaul »

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 11:28:25 am »
Im wondering what to do with the enemies, what style they should follow. And link isnt final either.

A few ideas:

:: Link is the son of a fisherman. Good idea

:: Im thinking of locating a dungeon on an island. Another good idea

:: The green robe (aka's heros robe) will have magical properties, the atmoshphere of the corrupted area of hyrule wont eat away ur health. This robe could be the reason why ur going through all these dungeons. This isn't a good idea. It shouldn't wear health away but reduces attack and defence

• Phoenix Heart
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 11:49:23 am »
Hmm ok so the green tunic will not be the reaon why link goes through all these dungeons.

There must be a item that will allow Link to enter the corrupted world with out dieing and that would allow him to beat ganon/ganondorf/something.
This item would be the reason why link enters these dungeons.

So lets say theres this Temple, which can only be entered once link collects all the keys from all other dungeons. From this temple he would get that magical item. Bad or Good idea?

Any other ideas?
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 05:26:18 pm »

A few ideas:

:: Link is the son of a fisherman.
Good idea, don't know how much it will be relevant to the game at this stage. Does he have some fishing skills? Or does the game gonna have a lot of water?

:: Im thinking of locating a dungeon on an island.
It is a good place to put a dungeon. Nothing wrong with that.

:: The green robe (aka's heros robe) will have magical properties, the atmoshphere of the corrupted area of hyrule wont eat away ur health. This robe could be the reason why ur going through all these dungeons.
Chasing the green tunic is kind of original and might be a good idea. But I don't know how much "the corrupted atmosphere draining hearts" idea is good. It hampers the concept of exploring. No one likes to walk through a world where just being there kills you and have enemies coming at you. And the means to stop the automatic health drain comes fairly late means people might quit before that due  to the constant dying. For a few rooms in the dungeons this might be OK.

I know you want the corrupted world to be menacing and affecting link. But you shouldn't put the player in a dangerous situation he can't fight. In TP they transformed Link in a Wolf. In MM they gave link a boat or the Deku mask to cross the swamp. And in ALttP they transformed Link in a harmless bunny, but quickly gave him the Moon Pearl.

Instead of draining hearts you might want to give him physical disabilities or to make it easier on yourself lower his defensive and attack strength. Which get voided with the green tunic.

What kind of help are you looking for?

So lets say theres this Temple, which can only be entered once link collects all the keys from all other dungeons. From this temple he would get that magical item. Bad or Good idea?
That is often the part of the dungeons in Zelda games, to collect keys to open doors. Although they are not always the keys you expect.
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 06:10:07 pm »
Good idea, don't know how much it will be relevant to the game at this stage. Does he have some fishing skills? Or does the game gonna have a lot of water?

Well there's quite a lot of water. But link can't swim in the sea. His father would esentially provide the method of transportation to the island (island of gods?)

Story writing etc, spriting, someone who wants to create the game (  i wont be able to finish all the game alone, so they can create a fiew dungeons, areas part of the world map etc).

Chasing the green tunic is kind of original and might be a good idea. But I don't know how much "the corrupted atmosphere draining hearts" idea is good. It hampers the concept of exploring. No one likes to walk through a world where just being there kills you and have enemies coming at you. And the means to stop the automatic health drain comes fairly late means people might quit before that due  to the constant dying. For a few rooms in the dungeons this might be OK.

Only hyrule castle/town would be corrupted. And Inside hyrule castle would be the final boss of the game.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 04:46:56 am by masterpaul »
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 09:01:43 pm »

Story writing etc, spriting, someone who wants to create the game (  i wont be able to finish all the game alone, so they can create a fiew dungeons, areas part of the world map etc).

Hmm, well for the story writing part you could always pass me some ideas, if you don't want to discuss it in public for everyone to see and keep the mystery. Maybe I can give you some ideas to fill the gaps. For the rest I think it would require to much of my time, which I don't have much to spare at the moment.

Chasing the green tunic is kind of original and might be a good idea. But I don't know how much "the corrupted atmosphere draining hearts" idea is good. It hampers the concept of exploring. No one likes to walk through a world where just being there kills you and have enemies coming at you. And the means to stop the automatic health drain comes fairly late means people might quit before that due  to the constant dying. For a few rooms in the dungeons this might be OK.

Only hyrule castle/town would be corrupted. And Inside hyrule castle would be the final boss of the game.

OK, then it might work. It would act as some natural barrier for the player not to rush things. But then I'm a bit confused by the third screen. Is that shore a part of Castle Town and Hyrule Castle? Because the black spots seem to suggest that area to be corrupted.
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 12:04:13 pm »
OK, then it might work. It would act as some natural barrier for the player not to rush things. But then I'm a bit confused by the third screen. Is that shore a part of Castle Town and Hyrule Castle? Because the black spots seem to suggest that area to be corrupted.

Hyrule castle/town in this game will look like a fort, basicly it was built on a small mini island right next to the main land.

Hmm, well for the story writing part you could always pass me some ideas, if you don't want to discuss it in public for everyone to see and keep the mystery. Maybe I can give you some ideas to fill the gaps. For the rest I think it would require to much of my time, which I don't have much to spare at the moment.

Ill be really happy if you could help me with the story. MSN darkmasterpaul@Hotmail.com.
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 10:55:27 pm »
Everhigh peaks Graphics update:

Need to change the ice, doesnt suit well.

Fire Themed Dungeon Graphics update:

Known Areas In the Game:

Hyrule overworld (Chipset 93 percent complete)
Hyrule Caste/Town
Death mountain
EverHigh Peaks (Chipset 93 percent complete)
Lake Hylia
Lost woods
Isle of Gods
Everhigh Town
A small town next to lake hylia.

Note: once i complete the hyrule overworld chipst, most of the above would be quick edits.

Dungeons:

Forest themed dungeon (Chipset 93 percent complete)
Lava themed dungeon (Chipset 93 percent complete)
Ice themed dungeon
Water themed dungeon
Electricity themed dungeon (inspired by golden sun games)

Hero's Tomb (located on the isle of gods)
Hyrule Castle

Areas names willmost likly be changed, some areas may be added and some may be taken away.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 11:27:07 pm by masterpaul »

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2009, 06:35:12 am »
I love the new graphics. (Except you saving the fire ones in jpg. Don't do that. It's bad!!!!)

Keep up the work man!
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2009, 09:19:38 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Electricity themed dungeon (inspired by golden sun games)

Yay for Golden Sun! XD

I like the graphics, except, somehow the snow on top of that tree isn't looking quite right. Just the part where the snow meets the green. I think it would be better if it looked more "connected" to the tree, if you know what I mean. Maybe it only bothers me. :)

And I agree that the ice needs to change as well.

I love the new graphics. (Except you saving the fire ones in jpg. Don't do that. It's bad!!!!)

Keep up the work man!

True, jpg gets it all blurred and stuff. png is always the way to go. :)

Btw, I'm liking where this project is going, especially because it's DS homebrew.
  • My Music
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 77 queries.

anything