Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs  (Read 4859 times)

Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
« on: April 22, 2009, 06:42:13 am »
Here's a link of what I've done so far. This will be the base for all of the pages except that the dwarfs won't move on any of them but the home page. There is a short sound file embedded the goes with the dwarfs movements, but it only seems to work in IE. The nav bar has some roll overs that Safari doesn't seem too like all that much but should work in IE and Firefox. It's centered currently, so the sides look a little strange. When it's done, there will be some kind of a welcome page that you click to enter the site. It'll open in a popup window sized at 1024x768 so the page will look like it's supposed to. Thoughts? I love feedbaaack!

http://viking.mccc.edu/~gliemp/home.html

Sooo~ This is one of the reasons I haven't been updating my map. This is out last project for my web class. We have to create a promotional site for a movie that doesn't have one already. I looove Disney movies and this classic is coming out again in October. So, this is the home page, or at least the composition for it. Thoughts? Anyone have any ideas for improvements?

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 11:57:50 pm by Sprite Collector »
  • My Photostream

DJvenom

super-sage
Re: Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 06:49:39 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
that is AWESOME!!!! although... "Shope"? I've seen Shop and Shoppe :P

Incredibly cool nonetheless!
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 06:31:31 pm »
I don't understand why this gets ignored, I really like it, the only things I dislike is that the "Home, About, Media" font could be a little thicker, and that the "Walt Disney" could use a different colour since it is somewhat hard to read with the kickass background :P.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 06:36:39 pm »
This......screenshot is....AWESOME!!!!!
I love it.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 06:39:31 pm »
This looks incredible. I love the colors. A few things though, the little jewel things under (Home, Media and Shope) don't fit right in that spot. Also the font you used in your navigation could use a little pop.

You have also included a ton of elements which are going to be a pain in the ass when converting this to HTML, is that part of the assignment or was it just the design?
Quote from: Source
Just wanted to let you know that Bilall has sent me about 6 PMs consisting of a ridiculous amount of these:

:jellytime:

Along with calling me a "mothafucka." Wait...ok, make that 7. Seriously, this guy needs to go.
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 07:42:27 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Apart from the things said before, I think it looks awesome. I love the design and colors.
Once again, great job.

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 08:51:55 pm »
You have also included a ton of elements which are going to be a pain in the ass when converting this to HTML, is that part of the assignment or was it just the design?

it won't be that hard if he's going to do it with imageready, coding it yourself can be tricky but it's not really hard. great design anyway, i love it.
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 11:56:41 pm »
:O Thanks guys!

DJ - Whoops. Haha Thank you.
Kren -  I'm not sure eitherr. Haha. But your post sparked some comments afterward! Thank you! I changed the Disney logo and the font as well. I think it's easier to read now.
KT - Thank you :]
GP - Well I've done the coding for the base of the website so far. I'm linking it below. It's really just all images, so nothing too hard. Thank you thank you :] I edited the font, does it look any better to you?
TP - Thanks :]
Venyux- I'm in the program Dreamweaver, but I'm coding it by hand unless I get stuck on something. Like I said before, since it's all images, there's nothing too hard. Thanks :]

Here's a link of what I've done so far. This will be the base for all of the pages except that the dwarfs won't move on any of them but the home page. There is a short sound file embedded the goes with the dwarfs movements, but it only seems to work in IE. The nav bar has some roll overs that Safari doesn't seem too like all that much but should work in IE and Firefox. It's centered currently, so the sides look a little strange. When it's done, there will be some kind of a welcome page that you click to enter the site. It'll open in a popup window sized at 1024x768 so the page will look like it's supposed to. Thoughts? I love feedbaaack!

http://viking.mccc.edu/~gliemp/home.html
  • My Photostream

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 12:47:40 am »
  • Silly cat!
Yeah, it sort of stretches out to purple on my 1280x800 widescreen.

Otherwise, it's pretty friggin' sweet. I love Snow White.

Hoffy.
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 11:23:17 pm »

it won't be that hard if he's going to do it with imageready, coding it yourself can be tricky but it's not really hard. great design anyway, i love it.
I never said it was going to be hard, I said it was going to be a pain...in the ass.
Quote from: Source
Just wanted to let you know that Bilall has sent me about 6 PMs consisting of a ridiculous amount of these:

:jellytime:

Along with calling me a "mothafucka." Wait...ok, make that 7. Seriously, this guy needs to go.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 01:22:19 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
Um, so despite the fact that it's Disney and there's lots of brighter shades of purple...I love your work so much. You did a great job there man.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 06:13:07 am »
I think it needs to fade away t the background colour on the side and bottom edges, they don't look so great when they're cut off.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 02:19:24 pm »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
Looking good I would almost believe it was made by Disney except for the abrupt stop of the pattern.
Yeah, it sort of stretches out to purple on my 1280x800 widescreen.

Otherwise, it's pretty friggin' sweet. I love Snow White.
Basically that.

I don't know how much info you want to include, but here is a link to Disney's history archive about Snow white.

http://disney.go.com/vault/archives/movies/snow/snow.html
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 02:23:46 pm by Bludleef »

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 79 queries.