Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pokemon Platinum  (Read 3637 times)

Pokemon Platinum
« on: April 12, 2009, 12:25:47 am »
I'm not really sure 'bout Pokemon Platinum, I hate how they always make you do everything in order, as well how they always tell you absolutely every little thing that anyone who played the game for five minutes could figure out, though that was the same for Diamond and Pearl as well. It just seems like this generation of games they don't leave anything for the player to figure out by themselves.
I made a thing! Please try the thing, it's what the kids are calling a "vidja game" for the iOS Splashy Bucket
  • Fictitious Spoon Productions

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Re: Pokemon Platinum
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 12:42:41 am »
  • Silly cat!
Yeah, I don't intend on buying Platinum.

I do like Diamond, though. It's not as good as any of the others, but it's still Pokemon. I love Pokemon :P.

If they insist on constantly remaking the "generation pair" into one new game, they should most probably mix it up a whole lot more... so, starting in a new town, doing the gyms out of order, remapping some areas to restrict your progress with the game... I mean, it'll all get messy, but at least it'll actually make the game that little bit more worth playing.

They could just not bother, and instead remake Gold and Silver for me.

Hoffy.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 01:25:05 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
They need to stop making these handheld pokemon games and just make the game the way it was intended in the first place... massively multiplayer... and for the Wii :\

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 01:26:15 am »
Gold and Silver remake would get the Pokeportable tier up to the top again. They're the only two games not "remade", and they're one of the best generations.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 01:43:38 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
They need to stop making these handheld pokemon games and just make the game the way it was intended in the first place... massively multiplayer... and for the Wii :\

> Massively Multiplayer
> Wii

!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 03:49:01 am »
Gold and Silver remake would get the Pokeportable tier up to the top again. They're the only two games not "remade", and they're one of the best generations.

I agree, i loved that series and Nintendo does not seem like they will remake it, unless it was planned to come out after the current series i just don't really know.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 03:51:08 am by EliteJason »
/*http://raptr.com/Doomsfall?src=em_allsm]http://raptr.com/badge/Doomsfall/fss_overall.png*/
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 12:45:40 pm »

:huh: As far as I know only Red and Blue are remade in FireRed and LeafGreen. The rest aren't remade yet.

I don't know what I have to think of Platinum, but I was a bit disappointed with Diamond and Pearl. Where Ruby and Saphire had some changes in the gameplay. But Diamond and Pearl were exactly the same.
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 03:07:18 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!

:huh: As far as I know only Red and Blue are remade in FireRed and LeafGreen. The rest aren't remade yet.

Well the others were remade in a sort of different way.

Ruby and Sapphire were remade into one as Emerald and Diamond and Pearl were remade into Platinum as one.

There actually were tons of rumors going around of a GS Remake, there was even pictures and boxart in some magazine apparently, but I think they were proven to be fake. Either way, I don't see them remaking GS quite soon, I'm thinking they want to keep the... charm I guess, it had. There was definitely something different about GS. Something that made you love it.

Kind of like Zelda I, LTTP and so on.
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 08:35:28 pm »
  • :D

Ruby and Sapphire were remade into one as Emerald and Diamond and Pearl were remade into Platinum as one.

There actually were tons of rumors going around of a GS Remake, there was even pictures and boxart in some magazine apparently, but I think they were proven to be fake. Either way, I don't see them remaking GS quite soon, I'm thinking they want to keep the... charm I guess, it had. There was definitely something different about GS. Something that made you love it.

Kind of like Zelda I, LTTP and so on.
Um.. If you're counting Emerald and Platinum as remakes, then Gold and Silver already had theirs-- crystal.  Its like word association:

Diamond and Pearl are to Platinum as...
a) Red and Blue are to Yellow
b) Gold and Silver are to Crystal
c) Ruby and Sapphire are to Emerald
d) all of the above

That's right. The answer is D.

(my point is-- emerald, yellow, platinum, crystal aren't real remakes, just alternate versions.  The only remakes have been Fire Red and Leaf Green.)

I do agree that it should be remade tho :)
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 08:43:14 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine

Like Lime said, Crystal version is what you're after here. All my best pokemon are on Crystal.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 09:57:02 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Um.. If you're counting Emerald and Platinum as remakes, then Gold and Silver already had theirs-- crystal.  Its like word association:

d) all of the above

(my point is-- emerald, yellow, platinum, crystal aren't real remakes, just alternate versions.  The only remakes have been Fire Red and Leaf Green.)

Ah right, I forgot about Crystal. Not sure how I could, it first introduced Boy/Girl option :x

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 11:07:49 pm »
  • The Mike
They aren't planning to make anymore Pokemon games on the Wii anyway so no MMOs for us. Crystal was by far my favorite and I hate how you need to have all three dogs just to get Ho-oh. I loved the non-linear Kanto gyms in G/S/C though. Screw a Gold and Silver remake, just make a Crystal remake. :D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 11:11:28 pm by Yubel »

• Zelda Eternity

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2009, 11:08:46 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com

d) all of the above

Ah right, I forgot about Crystal. Not sure how I could, it first introduced Boy/Girl option :x

Wait...really? I don't recall a boy/girl choice in Crystal. Maybe I just haven't played it in so long though.

I don't really have anything wrong with Platinum so far. I actually am finding it amusing seeing the little changes between Pearl and Platinum.

That and I got the Giratina figurine.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2009, 08:44:55 pm »
Truly, the last time I really cared about raising pokemon and being awesome at it was the GS games, Silver (my choice) was truly one of the games I played front to back.
Loved it.
Ruby, I felt was alright, but it didn't have the same magic, and the world sucked too.
Pearl I felt was much better than Ruby, and some of the magic came back, but most of the new pokemon were terrible (except for Garchomp, Gastrodon, and Luxray, my team and my favorites from DPP era)

I'm not getting Platinum because I really don't care about the new "world" (it's just an added area, right?) or the new form of Giratina (which only exists in that "world"? correct me if I'm wrong). Just seems like a waste to put more time into playing a pretty boring pokemon game anyway.

Eh, I still play Pearl anyway though.  :P

EDIT: I like to "feel" alot don't I? I felt that was nessecary
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 11:10:23 pm by Jetstorm4 »

Manly men don't sass. Manly men get in FIGHTS! Fist fights using manly fists!
  • JetDesigns
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2009, 09:23:56 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
Wait...really? I don't recall a boy/girl choice in Crystal. Maybe I just haven't played it in so long though.

There is, its just the girl in it is fugly.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 09:26:44 pm »

She's not fugly, but not hot either.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 09:41:46 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com

She's not fugly, but not hot either.

Okay wow. I definitely remember this now lol.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 71 queries.