Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda HUD Engine (v1.0.1) - Updated June 5, 2006  (Read 7695 times)

Zelda HUD Engine (v1.0.1) - Updated June 5, 2006
« on: May 27, 2006, 06:48:11 pm »
  • I almost has over 9000 everything!
Yup, I finally decided to not become lazy and make this. Anyway, this is a complete rewrite of my heart and rupee engines. I kind of needed to, as I lost them. Anyway, this engine should be MUCH easier to understand, and offers more functionality. Currently, this includes a heart and rupee engine.

GM Versions: Gm5.3, Gm6+ (reg or unreg, doesn't matter)

Download Link (1.0.1) (Mirror)
Changelog

Older Versions:

No credit required, although it would be nice.

Please post bugs if you find any!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 07:32:51 pm by Yoshi »

• Puyo Nexus

master414

Re: Zelda HUD Engine (v1.0)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 07:38:13 pm »
Yeah thnxs dude  ;D ::)
.:[EDIT]:.
The hud doesnt follow my link if i go down the hud stays on the same place, so when link leaves i dont see the hud anymore
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 12:20:31 pm by master414 »
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 05:05:03 pm »
Yeah thnxs dude  ;D ::)
.:[EDIT]:.
The hud doesnt follow my link if i go down the hud stays on the same place, so when link leaves i dont see the hud anymore

Make sure you use view_xview[0] and view_yview[0] (for GM6) or view_left[0] and view_top[0] (gm5.3) to position it correctly in the view.

• Puyo Nexus

master414

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 05:29:26 pm »
I founded this
Code: [Select]
draw_sprite(rup_spr[1], global.wallet, view_xview[0] + 4, view_yview[0] + 212);
in your old rupe engine!
But in your new one i dont see 
view_xview[0] and view_yview[0]
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 07:34:31 pm »
Yeah, I didn't put it in as it was rather useless, since the room didn't need a view.

• Puyo Nexus
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 11:48:23 pm »
  • ^This is my sprite comments char
 ;) yeah, but it will be usefull to use that if you are using view...

BTW i have your old heart engine, and i dont know how to put in a collision even that decrese a part of heart.

i'm working on:

I support and i'm part of the team of:

dylan623

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 11:49:49 pm »

BTW i have your old heart engine, and i dont know how to put in a collision even that decrese a part of heart.
I have an engine for that, I'll send you a LOT of stuff in about an hour.
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 01:15:38 am »

Ok, I will put it in the view the next version.

Also, just a note to add, a quater of a heart is .25, not 1 like in the old version. So, if you have 3 hearts, the heart variable would be 3, not 12.

• Puyo Nexus

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 01:20:35 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
id like to see some screens
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 02:56:40 am »
id like to see some screens

Although there is really no point (just imagine, the ALTTP hud without - LIFE -, magic meter, and item. And a purple background), I'll get one up tomarrow.

• Puyo Nexus

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 03:06:39 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
oh ok :P
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 05:49:11 am »
  • With a Capital G
Good stuff Yoshi!

I think some of the demo keys on the .gmd version are reversed, but it's no big deal. :D

'Noticed you have some scripts reserved to change the heart/rupee values slowly. I have a suggestion for those: make a secondary variable for the amounts. The actual amounts should change instantly. Example: If you're down to half a heart, then touch a fairy which slowly increases your hearts gives you 10 hearts, then touch an enemy before you have refilled enough hearts to withstand it, you would still die even though you shouldn't.

So while the actual amounts should change instantly, the secondary variable checks if it's lower or higher than the actual amounts, and slowly changes itself by the step. Then, the HUD should draw according to this amount, so it looks like the hearts or rupees are slowly changing (even though they are instant).

If you already had that figured out, or didn't want my advice, sorry to have stepped on your toes. ;)
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006, 01:47:10 pm »
Good stuff Yoshi!

I think some of the demo keys on the .gmd version are reversed, but it's no big deal. :D

'Noticed you have some scripts reserved to change the heart/rupee values slowly. I have a suggestion for those: make a secondary variable for the amounts. The actual amounts should change instantly. Example: If you're down to half a heart, then touch a fairy which slowly increases your hearts gives you 10 hearts, then touch an enemy before you have refilled enough hearts to withstand it, you would still die even though you shouldn't.

So while the actual amounts should change instantly, the secondary variable checks if it's lower or higher than the actual amounts, and slowly changes itself by the step. Then, the HUD should draw according to this amount, so it looks like the hearts or rupees are slowly changing (even though they are instant).

If you already had that figured out, or didn't want my advice, sorry to have stepped on your toes. ;)

Oopsie, I gotta change the keys for v1.1.

And the slow scritps, that is what I was planning :P That's also why I have and recommend that you use scr_hearts to get the num of hearts, and scr_rupees to get the num of rupees.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 03:03:42 pm by Yoshi »

• Puyo Nexus
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006, 06:35:46 pm »
Can You send me the view thingy too?
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2006, 11:49:20 pm »
Can You send me the view thingy too?

Ok, I'll just make a v1.0.1 with the view thingy, and the keys fixed. I'll get to it soon.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 11:56:18 pm by Yoshi »

• Puyo Nexus
Re: Zelda HUD Engine (v1.0.1) - Updated June 5, ...
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2006, 12:09:45 pm »
  • Txet Lanosrep
Lol sorry if this is grave-digging but I think this is a great engine, but there is one problem, since the heart object has to be in every room, it sets your lives to full all the time (every time you go into a new room)  I tried putting it all in the game start event but then it didn't even show up.

Retro
  • TITANIC

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2006, 10:54:15 pm »
  • With a Capital G
That was a minor problem with my own heart engines.. I can think of 3 ways that might work to fix it.

1. Before defining those variables, use variable_global_exists() to check if they already exist, then only define them if they don't.

2. Move the variables to another object or event to make sure they're defined before the HUD appears.

3. Make the HUD object persistent, so you won't have to recreate it in every room. In rooms where it shouldn't appear, just make it invisible.
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2006, 11:45:57 pm »
Lol sorry if this is grave-digging but I think this is a great engine, but there is one problem, since the heart object has to be in every room, it sets your lives to full all the time (every time you go into a new room)  I tried putting it all in the game start event but then it didn't even show up.

Easiest way would be probably to make the heart object persistent, and put this in the Room End:

persistent = true;(That's just a safe guard pretty much)

Or you can follow one of the things Goodnight said.

• Puyo Nexus
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2006, 11:33:09 am »
  • Txet Lanosrep
Alright thanks to both of you!

Retro
  • TITANIC
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2006, 02:18:16 pm »
Ok, I just started work on version 1.1.0. This one will include the slow increase for hearts & rupees, and a text engine that doesn't freeze the game (but will have to be dumbed down for the gm5.3 and gm6 non reg versions), and some other fixes.

• Puyo Nexus
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 77 queries.