Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Which one most applies to you?

I smoke tobacco
I smoke tobacco and weed
I smoke tobacco and weed and do other drugs
I smoke weed
I do other drugs
I smoke tobacco occasionally
I tried tobacco once and not since
I have never smoked tobacco
I used to smoke but quit

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Smoking  (Read 5252 times)

Smoking
« on: November 12, 2008, 07:11:27 pm »
What are your views on smoking? Consider these questions:
Do you think it acceptable/unacceptable? Why?
If you smoke, do you think/worry about the risks?
If you smoke, how did you start?
If you smoke, how often?
Do you know anybody who has died from a smoking-related disease?
Do you think the sale of cigarettes should be illegal? Why/not?
If you dont smoke, do you worry about second-hand smoke?
If you dont smoke, do people who smoke around you bother you?
Re: Smoking
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 07:26:08 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
I used to smoke pot all the time up until about a year ago but I quit. I've kind of felt like doing it lately, I might start again (MIGHT) just here and there.

It really depends on the situation. Most people I know do it simply because everyone else does it. They don't do it to be cool. Some people also do it to relieve stress, though sometimes smoking can cause stress. I'm talking mostly about smoking pot, tight butthole I personally think smoking ciggarettes is much worse.

When I DID smoke, I started about about 2 years before I quit, just cause friends did it. I usually did it on the odd occasion but then I started to do it more often.

If you smoke, how often?
When I smoked like I said, I did it on the occasion then I started doing it at least 3-4 times a week.

Nope, and hopefully I never do.

Nope. It'll never happen either.

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. If they blow smoke in my face on purpose or close to me, I'll get pissed off.

Not at all.

Remember, I'm talking mostly about weed here :P
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 08:00:34 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Tobacco is !@#$% stupid; weed isn't as bad.

I don't smoke.

My grandmother.

No.  Ideally people should choose not to smoke, IMO, but if they want to there's no stopping them.  Marijuana should probably be legalised too.

Absolutely.  Especially because I have trouble breathing with smoke in the air.

I can't stand it.  See previous answer.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 08:12:26 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
I smoke. It's just a bad habit I have. Hard to get rid of. Helps me with my nerves, though that wasn't the case when I started. I usually smoke about 6 cigs a day, so it's pretty much in control.
And yeah, I've thought of the risks. I've thought about quitting too. But as long as I stay healthy, I see no reason to quit. When it starts to affect my life in a negative way, I'll quit.
Weed.. I've tried it once and it wasn't that bad. It's pretty cool. And it's a lot healthier than cigs or alcohol according to an EU-research. You can't overdose it and it doesn't destroy your lungs as much as cigs do.
Can't see any reason why it shouldn't be legalized.

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 08:18:51 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Apparently they are some ties between Weed and Schizophrenia and Paranoia, especially when used in teenagers. That there is a very good reason for it not to be legalised.

I mean, think about it: If cigarettes or alcohol were illegal everywhere now, would they honestly stand even a chance of being legalised?
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 08:21:21 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I mean, think about it: If cigarettes or alcohol were illegal everywhere now, would they honestly stand even a chance of being legalised?

Maybe not cigarettes, but alcohol sure would.  It already happened once in the US.
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 08:25:30 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Though to be fair that comes from a history of alcohol being used legally, many people were pissed and broke when it became illegal.

I meant if it was never legal in the first place and it's entire history pretty much had been one of illegal usage, alongside drugs like marijuana.
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 08:35:27 pm »
  • *whistle*
Problem is, alcohol is dead easy to make. Also, somewhat vital for industry and medicine. Someone would work it out sooner or later.

Tobacco and weed are entirely different though; they're produced by quite specific plants, so are relatively easy to ban.
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 03:54:14 am »
  • :D
I smoke weed, I love it.  Don't smoke cigarettes, and I don't really drink alchohol.  And I don't do any other drugs.

But I have a few friends who smoke cigarettes-- I don't really mind; People always bother smokers about how bad cigarettes are for them, I actually feel kinda bad for them.
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 04:03:15 am »

Yes, people should decide what to do with there body no matter what >_>.
I don't worry, I just smoke, I know people who have been smoking for years and they can run fast and have never had a problem with smoked.
I turned on a cigar :P, well I was with a friend who smokes and I told him I want to try it and I liked it :d.
If you smoke, how often?
less than 3, used to be 5 a day but reduced it :P, on weekend it is like 10 >_>.
not really.
no it is like making illegal alcohol, people will still drink alcohol even if it is mafia homemade beer.
I smoke I think the question should be "If you smoke, do you worry about second-hand smoke?
I smoke.

BTW they are making smoking illegal inside malls or public buildings D:!! in my school they had to make some smoking areas that people don't respect. D:! and the worst part is that now they are making smoking illegal for High School D:!!
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 04:11:02 am »

Yes, people should decide what to do with there body no matter what >_>.
I don't worry, I just smoke, I know people who have been smoking for years and they can run fast and have never had a problem with smoked.
I turned on a cigar :P, well I was with a friend who smokes and I told him I want to try it and I liked it :d.
If you smoke, how often?
less than 3, used to be 5 a day but reduced it :P, on weekend it is like 10 >_>.
not really.
no it is like making illegal alcohol, people will still drink alcohol even if it is mafia homemade beer.
I smoke I think the question should be "If you smoke, do you worry about second-hand smoke?
I smoke.

BTW they are making smoking illegal inside malls or public buildings D:!! in my school they had to make some smoking areas that people don't respect. D:! and the worst part is that now they are making smoking illegal for High School D:!!

You think that's bad?  In the US, it's quickly becoming illegal to smoke almost everywhere.  In New York, they can't even smoke in bars.

I'm not a smoker and that pisses me off.
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 04:12:28 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
You think that's bad?  In the US, it's quickly becoming illegal to smoke almost everywhere.  In New York, they can't even smoke in bars.

Yeah, basically nowhere with a roof over top of you :P

Also can't smoke in cars now if there are kids in it. (Well in Canada, not sure about the states)
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 04:15:38 am »
I just see that as a way of making people to stop smoking and close the cigar companies, in here for example the smoking areas in my campus are really far away from the rooms making it impossible to go and smoke in between classes since you only have 5 min.. I wish people can smoke freely.
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 04:43:39 am »
I welcome smoking bans

get your death smoke away from me

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 06:18:22 am »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%

Maybe not cigarettes, but alcohol sure would.  It already happened once in the US.

Nope. Prohibition was proof that you can't ban alcohol. Cigs would be a lot easier to ban.

I'm never going to smoke weed, ever. I've seen what drugs have done to my friends, living in a fairly affluent area through my highschool years... A lot of the potheads have problems with panic attacks and are obsessed with Lynyrd Skynyrd. Not that the latter's a bad thing.
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 11:49:18 am »
I welcome smoking bans

pretty much this.
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 02:18:47 pm »
I'm never going to smoke weed, ever. I've seen what drugs have done to my friends, living in a fairly affluent area through my highschool years... A lot of the potheads have problems with panic attacks and are obsessed with Lynyrd Skynyrd. Not that the latter's a bad thing.
Does that mean you're never going to drink alchohol either?  Cause y'know that can have side effect of death. 

Note: I'm not saying don't drink, I'm just saying don't bash something without trying it out yourself.  Also weed > booze.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 02:22:09 pm by a Hint of Lime »

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 03:43:10 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Well, like many people have already said, I don't think it's unacceptable. It's up to an individual whether or not they want to take up smoking

I don't smoke, so this does not apply.

I don't smoke.

If you smoke, how often?
I don't smoke.

Yes, my grandmother. She had quit 7-8 years before she found out she had emphezema/lung cancer.

No, for obvious reasons. Alcohol is legal and is also harmful used in big doses. Yes, the diseases related to smoking are different, but alcohol also comes with its addictions and diseases and selling alcohol is legal.

Yes. It smells bad, makes me feel sick, and well of course would cause damage. I try not to breathe but that doesn't work out too well.

No, not really. It's their choice. I mean, yes the smell of the smoke bothers me, but they can do whatever they want. Generally, my friends who smoke around me are courteous and tend to blow the smoke away from me.

Does that mean you're never going to drink alchohol either?  Cause y'know that can have side effect of death.

Note: I'm not saying don't drink, I'm just saying don't bash something without trying it out yourself.  Also weed > booze.

I agree with what you said. I don't know what weed feels like, so I can't automatically spew out something like BOOZE > weed (although I really do want to :P). Alcohol DOES have a side effect of death and diseases and stuff. I think anything excessively consumed is bad: coca-cola, coffee, beer, weed, cigarettes, candy...too much of anything is generally bad lol.

I welcome smoking bans

I welcome them as well. I still can't believe there used to be smoking sections in restaurants. Eww.

BUT THAT WOULD MAKE THE BAR STINKY!!!...sorry. I guess this is debatable. I'd rather have a non-stinky bar, thank you.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 03:55:17 pm »
  • b e p i s
There are a lot of things wrong with smoking, but it's all about personal choice. Let people do what they want. Same with weed, alcohol, etc, so long as it is not harming others.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 04:15:34 pm »
I only asked about whether smoking should be illegal or not because there are so many attempts to prevent people smoking that I wonder whether they should just ban it completely. (As now they are beginning to put disgusting pictures on cigarette packets as well as the warning signs). I know they would never get as far as banning it altogether, apart from anything there are people in those high places who smoke and would never let it pass.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 79 queries.