Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Bad Dream Last Night  (Read 4763 times)

Bad Dream Last Night
« on: September 30, 2008, 07:57:41 pm »
Last night I had one of the most awful dreams I think anyone could ever have.

I had a dream that a man shot members of my family and other good people (other good people who were my friends in the dream but dont actually exist irl) in front of me and I watched them die.

The worst part is, in the dream I dreamt that I hid behind my brother, (because there was nothing any of us could do) and my brother got shot and I woke up feeling so guilty because I had been so cowardly as to hide behind him and he had died instead of me.

Sometimes I feel like dreams have such a huge effect on the way I think, and especially this dream as it was so awful. But it's strange because we cant control what happens in our dreams or what we dream about.
Re: Bad Dream Last Night
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 08:01:35 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Heh, Dreams when you are ill are always the creepiest. Lately my mind seems to have been throwing my 'flaws' at me a lot...kind of annoying, it's not even bothering with symbolism any more :(
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 08:05:17 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Well, sorry if this doesn't make you feel any better or anything, but your brother was going to get shot anyways since you said the guy was shooting your family and other good people.

You probably would have died too if you hadn't woken up.

/truth
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 08:06:09 pm »
That's odd.  I had a dream last night of myself shooting up a family.  Anyway, I love dreams and nightmares because they are the ultimate hypothetical simulations that go beyond the parameters of reality.  Oh, and lucid dreaming.
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 08:14:09 pm »
That's odd.  I had a dream last night of myself shooting up a family.  Anyway, I love dreams and nightmares because they are the ultimate hypothetical simulations that go beyond the parameters of reality.  Oh, and lucid dreaming.

Are you telling me it was you in my dream? D: :(
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 08:17:03 pm »
  • *whistle*

I think that's a definitive yes.

In other news, I haven't had a dream I can remember in quite some time, so I couldn't have been your dream murderer! <__<

Kinda weird dream though. Think it's a manifestation of anything in your sub-conscious?
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 08:19:44 pm »

I think that's a definitive yes.

In other news, I haven't had a dream I can remember in quite some time, so I couldn't have been your dream murderer! <__<

Kinda weird dream though. Think it's a manifestation of anything in your sub-conscious?

I dont know :(
The other night I had a dream about The Pirates of the Caribbean ship? And it was in the sea or whatever with planks supporting it or something and I did something and it fell over in the water and almost sank :S it was so wierd ...
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 08:21:59 pm »
  • *whistle*
In both those situations, the main theme seems to be guilt, that your own actions led to the suffering of others...

Maybe you have guilt issues you need to confront? :/
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 08:23:45 pm »
Last night I had one of the most awful dreams I think anyone could ever have.

I had a dream that a man shot members of my family and other good people (other good people who were my friends in the dream but dont actually exist irl) in front of me and I watched them die.

The worst part is, in the dream I dreamt that I hid behind my brother, (because there was nothing any of us could do) and my brother got shot and I woke up feeling so guilty because I had been so cowardly as to hide behind him and he had died instead of me.

Sometimes I feel like dreams have such a huge effect on the way I think, and especially this dream as it was so awful. But it's strange because we cant control what happens in our dreams or what we dream about.

Lucid dreaming, you can control what happens in your dreams.

that's a pretty scary dream. Maybe you're scared of your family dying and you not being able to help them or something. Sometimes Nightmares are just Nightmares.

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 08:25:38 pm »
Guilt issues? But I dont even feel guilty about anything :-\ and I cant think of anything which I should feel guilty about ...

But not everybody can do that? I certainly cant.

Sometimes my dreams are influenced by things which have been on my mind, but not all the time, most of my dreams just seem random.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 08:27:49 pm by Kaede »
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 08:29:16 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Maybe during the day you saw on tv or heard about a murder, or for a brief few seconds it somehow flashed through your mind in some form, and your mind was simply flushing the buffers, so-to-speak? Dreams don't need any real meaning, my 'relationship-horror' ones tend to be influenced by the fact I overheard a conversation that day in which the words "Fancy" and "Jason" came up, and when I asked what they were on about they refused to tell me, and when I asked why my name was mentioned in combination with the word "fancy" because that's usually not a good thing one of them replied "It rarely is".

Yeah, I my female friends annoy me at times :P Why not just tell me to my face. If they think I fancy one of them I can either deny it, tell them it's not true, or admit it in confidence knowing full-well it'll get to the person eventually. if they fancy me, at worst I'll just be flattered. What can possibly go wrong?
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 08:29:46 pm »
Guilt issues? But I dont even feel guilty about anything :-\ and I cant think of anything which I should feel guilty about ...

But not everybody can do that? I certainly cant.

Sometimes my dreams are influenced by things which have been on my mind, but not all the time, most of my dreams just seem random.

Everyone can lucid dream, just takes practice. Half the time dreams end up being something that's on your mind.

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 08:42:55 pm »
  • Fight the Power
I couldn't help but laugh at the topic title XD.

Anyways, I know these can be pretty creepy at times, whenever I dream I always have nightmares. I rarely remember them when I wake up though.

I remember the last nightmare I had, I saw a little child killing all my family and friends too, he stabbed them in the face with a knife. o.O I was the only one left after a while and I had to kill him. But before I could, I woke up. <_< Was a pretty loooong and creepy dream. I woke up at like 4 am and I couldn't get back to sleep :P. I had school in like 2 hours. D:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 08:57:58 pm by Darunia »

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 09:44:18 pm »
I wish I could have nightmares, but I am just the greater of two evils when compared to my inner-demons.  Be happy the bad things are happening in your head and not outside of it.  Even the brave people get scared, it's just what makes them stronger.  If you perceive yourself to be weak or timid, then break away from that and experiment with your personality in ways that make you feel more comfortable with yourself.
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 09:58:50 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I used to get nightmares lots when I was little, I think it's just got to the point my dreams/nightmares can't actually scare me any more :P

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 10:04:31 pm »
  • Things to see and people to do.
I haven't had a nightmare in years. I think the last one I had had something to do with either a school shooting or a terrorist attack. I dunno, something involving guns and people dying.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 10:11:04 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I remember once having a dream where a portal opened in the middle of my school and dinosaurs poured out and killed everyone. I hid in the toilet.

In case you hadn't guess, I fell asleep watching Jurassic Park ;P

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 11:45:42 pm »
  • :3
I had a dream where everyone I knew wanted to kill me- made me a paranoid freak for two years, how's about that? But atm, I'm not having any dreams, really. I'll try and record my dream tonight if possible. And with that, goodnight ZFGC, I'm off to dream and !@#$%, yo.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 11:49:41 pm »
  • I need something new to put here...
LAst nightmare I can remember? That would be a polar bear coming to my school and rampaging around, killing people.

Last dream I can remember? Well... it's not suitable.
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 09:59:10 am »
  • Master Of Disaster
I don't know if anyone has had a "dream", where you're half asleep and half awake.
They're pretty horrible.
About two weeks ago, I tried to get some sleep and after some time, I realized I couldn't move. Like I was paralyzed. And then I saw a dark figure on the other side of my bed. I tried to get up, but I just couldn't.
I closed my eyes and felt something touching my face. Soon after that I finally managed to get up.
Seriously, it was creepy.

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 76 queries.