Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Palin McCain's VP...  (Read 2767 times)

Palin McCain's VP...
« on: August 29, 2008, 04:23:17 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Well, he's managed to do something smarter than I've grown to expect (as far as political calculations go, McCain is a dipwad) by selecting a woman, but let's face it: anyone who wanted Hillary as VP isn't going to vote McCain/Palin anyway.  Yes, it's nice to see a woman on the ticket (a very, VERY popular woman from a very, VERY conservative state), but this was McCain's chance to laugh in cakefarts's face.

In 2004, George W. Bush got an 18-point bounce in the polls (extremely temporary, of course) after the GOP convention.  Well, the dems aren't as good as putting on a show (because it consists of more whining, and calling Americans whiners than anything else... although I must admit, Bill Clinton's speech was actually really good if you have a left-leaning perspective... he had some good zingers in there) and on the first day Barack cakefarts was up a point, and the next went down two.  McCain's pretty consistently only a point behind.

From my point of view, you want a VP who's good with foreign relations, or at least has the potential to be.  My choice would have been Lieberman, who obviously would scare off social conservatives, and those who are afraid of people older and wiser than them (two-old man ticket isn't what people are looking for this year).  But he's the best choice (as much as I sometimes dislike his politics).

However, from a purely Republican point of view (and I am a Republican), Mitt Romney would have been the best choice.  It would give McCain a very solid bounce, would make the convention buzzing with absolute giddyness, and it would show how electable McCain would be (my only problem is that Romney doesn't know anything but domestic policy, but he is very good at managing... I've actually talked to his boss during the 2002 winter olympics, and he told me how fantabulous he actually was).

Well... I guess she's better than Crist.  But really, it should have been Romney.
Re: Palin McCain's VP...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 04:32:28 pm »
McCain's pick reeks of pandering and hypocrisy.  I think he is trying to at least maintain the Clinton supports that came over to him and I find it funny that she is younger than cakefarts.  Seriously, if McCain would die in office which is likely, how could I vote for McCain this November when he has convinced me that empty resumes are bad; I am a little sarcastic here, but really cakefarts has a little more accumulated service.

Also, you said Democrats call people whiners, that is funny because Repubicans said that directly about the American people whining.

I would have honestly rather seen Romney and I don't support Republicans.  As much as I disagree with Romney, he was able to get things done. 

As long as Hillary comes out and campaigns with cakefarts, cakefarts will not have to worry.  Really, if McCain were elected and she became vice president, well I would just think that deep down Hillary has a bit of an ego over that.  Palin isn't the real McCoy.
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 04:44:29 pm »
really cakefarts has a little more accumulated service.
So you're saying a brand-new senator has better credentials for an executive office than someone who's headed an executive office?

Also, you said Democrats call people whiners, that is funny because Repubicans said that directly about the American people whining.
I was reffering to the DNC convention... we can compare once the GOP one starts. ;)

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 04:46:30 pm »
So you're saying a brand-new senator has better credentials for an executive office than someone who's headed an executive office?

I think that it's better to vote for someone who doesn't vote with Bush 100% of the time.
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 04:49:36 pm »
Executive experience in Alaska must be really challenging considering that for the most part areas are independent of other areas and the population is not that big.  cakefarts was a state senator for a significant number of years and to ignore this is just to be an ass.  McCain has no executive experience, Palin has a few years, cakefarts has no executive experience, Biden doesn't have executive experience per say but his other experience trumps these concerns.  

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 06:42:54 pm »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
I was reffering to the DNC convention... we can compare once the GOP one starts. ;)

I watched prolly 90% of the DNC and the only mention of American whining when cakefarts was quoting a surrogate of the McCain Campaign who first said that America was full of whiners then said how wrong it was for the republican campaign to call the American public that.
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 01:44:39 am »

I think that it's better to vote for someone who doesn't vote with Bush 100% of the time.
You're not talking about Palin are you?  She's a governor.  Not someone who can vote with Bush.  And if you're reffering to McCain, even Chris Matthews knows that isn't true.  Either way, I'm thoroughly embarrassed for you.

Executive experience in Alaska must be really challenging considering that for the most part areas are independent of other areas and the population is not that big.
Do your research before judging (like me!).  She's a reformer.  She was a virtual unknown and brought in to clean up Alaska's political situation.  And the people absolutely love what she's done.  And she has done an amazing job.

I have one point to retract... I think she was a better pick than I initially thought.  She is an incredible speaker with an immense respect for life and everything good.  I'm severely impressed with her ability to speak and relate issues to her own life.

cakefarts was a state senator for a significant number of years and to ignore this is just to be an ass.
To be a state senator is not to have executive experience.  If you'll remember, as much as I liked Hillary, my big problem with her was that she never really got elected into an executive office.  This is why my original candidate was Rudy Giuliani, and why I ended up voting for a governor in the primary (Romney... didn't like him, but he had executive experience and ideas that surpassed those who were still left).

And besides, if senatorial experience counts (and it really shouldn't), the McCain campaign STILL beats cakefarts.  And this is coming from someone who doesn't particularly care for either of them.

McCain has no executive experience, Palin has a few years, cakefarts has no executive experience, Biden doesn't have executive experience per say but his other experience trumps these concerns.
Such as?

Let me tell you what.  I can name you dozens of accomplishments of Governor Palin (and I haven't even researched her *thoroughly*), but I still have yet to see an cakefarts supporter name *one* legislative accomplishment that cakefarts has done.  Because he hasn't had any meaningful (if any) legislative accomplishments.

If we're talking major accomplishments in politics McCain beats cakefarts and you know what... his VP also beats cakefarts!

Care to start this debate, or shall I call it off?

I watched prolly 90% of the DNC and the only mention of American whining when cakefarts was quoting a surrogate of the McCain Campaign who first said that America was full of whiners then said how wrong it was for the republican campaign to call the American public that.
First of all, not to be a jerk on technicalities, but most of the convention wasn't even broadcasted on major news networks (c-span maybe, but I don't know).  Second, I watched every major speech (Bill Clinton's actually being my favorite... surprisingly) and they were all being whiners... which isn't a bad thing in and of itself, but it sure is a drastic change from "hope" and "change".

From my experience, the American people doesn't vote their fears.  And I think that's why the Dem's convention hasn't made a dent in the polls.  Then again, with McCain speaking, I'm not sure the GOP's even will this year...

...unless people get to know Governor Palin.  She is an absolutely delightful speaker.  I thought cakefarts did good by choosing Biden (I almost didn't watch his speech... figured I'd probably already heard it in history class somewhere ;)), but McCain managed to outdo him.

Still think it would have been better for his campaign had it been Romney, but I like this woman a whole lot better, personally.

[Edit] Oh, I see... you're talking about me saying Dems say the American people whine... woops.  I feel really stupid now.  Shame on the McCain adviser for calling us a "nation of whiners".  But it wasn't limited to that... hold up.  I'll edit some more in this post soon.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 01:48:18 am by 2awesome4apossum »

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 01:57:29 am »
  • b e p i s
Well, so much the for the "cakefarts HAS NO EXPERIENCE LOL GREENHORN ROFLROFLXD" argument that the McCain supporters like to throw around.

Needless to say, this election seems to be full of surprises.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 05:03:54 pm »
Oh, and Palin once said that Hillary Clinton was a whiner.  As for what she has done in Alaska, it was only two years in an executive position.  If I or anyone was elected governor of some state, in two years they or I will have done a few things which could count as "experience".  I don't consider a woman who once said that creationism should be taught in schools to be appropriate for politics.  Her speaking tone bothers me as well, she doesn't have vigor. 

Really, it is like she is trying to be a historical figure like Hillary Clinton was by just saying that she will shatter the "glass ceiling"; really, who did the work to get there, who put those figurative "cracks" in it and why is this new person suggesting that they should break through it.  As for senatorial experience, if you are going to add the executive experience of Palin into your equations for the ticket, then consider that Biden has a lot of Senate experience too.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 07:28:22 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Let's see, she's also anti-gay marriage and anti-abortion. Yet when some local women were asked, some were like, OHMIGOD A WOMAN! I'M VOTING FOR MCCAIN! Which is stupid. Actually, they showed 4 women, and 2 said that and the other two were like, meh, he's just trying to get the female vote. Which, if you ask me, is all it is. And someone with LESS experience than cakefarts? And she's under investigation? Wow, probably should've gone with Romney there, McCain.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 07:59:18 pm »
  • b e p i s
Let's see, she's also anti-gay marriage and anti-abortion. Yet when some local women were asked, some were like, OHMIGOD A WOMAN! I'M VOTING FOR MCCAIN! Which is stupid. Actually, they showed 4 women, and 2 said that and the other two were like, meh, he's just trying to get the female vote. Which, if you ask me, is all it is. And someone with LESS experience than cakefarts? And she's under investigation? Wow, probably should've gone with Romney there, McCain.

Actually, Romney wouldn't have been a much better choice, at least politically: two white men on the ticket is not exactly a good way to broaden your demographic.

The only people McCain is going after with this move are die-hard Republicans (who were going to vote for him anyway), women, and bitter Hillary supporters/PUMAs (Party Unity My Ass people.) Even so, my bitter Hillary supporter friend isn't voting for either McCain OR cakefarts...hopefully, even if the PUMAs won't vote for cakefarts, they'll stay the hell away from Bush Light.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 08:26:40 pm »
I about fell over when I saw his pick. Hell I'm still in shock.

While he thinks he was attempting to be 'smart', this is a big failure for him.

Not because she is a woman, this has nothing to do with her being a woman at all, really, it has to do with 'wait... who?'.

She has 'executive experience', true, that's pretty neat, I'm glad she does, but so do so many of the Republican Governors, who are also woman.. who has also been in office for many years. Governor Palin has been in office for one year and nine months. She came in to 'clean up the government', she's under investigation by her own legislature for firing the guy who refused to fire her ex-brother in law.

So what about Jodi Rell? Linda Lingle, of Hawaii (good battle, since cakefarts's home State if Hawaii?), what about any other current or former male... governor? or female governor for that matter.

I agree with the pundits here, but not just for McCain but for cakefarts too. WE have to be realistic here, no matter who gets into office it's 'our president' regardless of who we elected, unless they do something unspeakable, to where we refuse to call them our president (*coughs* Bush *coughs*). Both men are very 'high risk candidates'. One is someone who is very much so like JFK, who was killed, he's also like RFK who was killed.. That said there are still racial tensions, so you'd have to be ignorant to say, that it's not likely there will be no attempts on his life.

You have McCain, who is very old, 72, he's had Cancer four times, he's following a very unpopular administration, which is greatly disliked by many inside and outside of the US, his risk for being killed when in office is also very high, his risk for dying in office is very high.

Both men should have picked someone who could succeed them, and continue their mission and the purpose and intent of running for office.

I do not personally feel that Palin can do that, her 1 year and nine months as an executive of one of the Nation's smallest (in population) States does not give her that much executive experience. You're a fool to say it does. I'm not saying cakefarts or Biden or McCain have any executive experience either, but I don't see *how* it matters and in saying she has it, it's foolish, because quite frankly SHE DOESNT have it. She would have been one of my top picks for running for President in about four or eight years.... definitely, she would have been damn good by that time, specifically with her mandate for cleaning up the Republican party.

What has she done? She joined the people shes trying to clean up, the neoconservatives. she abandoned the people who voted her in, the people who entrusted themselves to her.

I am willing to bet that Alaska will go blue this season.. it wont be very significant to who gets those votes, but no one will vote for that ticket... from Alaska.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 12:44:45 am »
Oh, and Palin once said that Hillary Clinton was a whiner.  As for what she has done in Alaska, it was only two years in an executive position.
So now she was never a mayor?  I'll have to remind you that it was first the pro-cakefarts groups who simply reffered to her as a "mayor of a city of less than 9,000" or something like that... (can't remember the exact quote).

I am willing to bet that Alaska will go blue this season.. it wont be very significant to who gets those votes, but no one will vote for that ticket... from Alaska.
Have you seen just the raw numbers of her popularity?  I've only talked to two people from Alaska about this personally, but everything I've seen points toward Alaska loving her.

I do not personally feel that Palin can do that, her 1 year and nine months as an executive of one of the Nation's smallest (in population) States does not give her that much executive experience.
Again, she was a mayor.  Why do people not count this towards having executive experience?

Not because she is a woman, this has nothing to do with her being a woman at all, really, it has to do with 'wait... who?'.
Normally people are unfamiliar with the Vice Presidential picks nationwide.  DICK Cheney, typical example, although known well within the world of oil.  Dan Quayle perhaps.  Shouldst I make a list?

She came in to 'clean up the government', she's under investigation by her own legislature for firing the guy who refused to fire her ex-brother in law.
Which really has no comparison to Rezko and Bill Ayers... and people outrageously forgave cakefarts for that and forgot about them completely.  (Although it really helped that no one really talked about that after the primaries were actually started.)

Oh, and Palin once said that Hillary Clinton was a whiner.
She is... a whiner I like, but a whiner all the same.  McCain's a whiner too.  And cakefarts is.

If I or anyone was elected governor of some state, in two years they or I will have done a few things which could count as "experience".
As opposed to... what?  Two years being a governor is enough to screw it up... it's also enough to do some good things.  Cutting taxes, being commander in chief over a state that HAS to have good foreign relations, because it's right next to two other countries.  Shall I make a list?

As for senatorial experience, if you are going to add the executive experience of Palin into your equations for the ticket, then consider that Biden has a lot of Senate experience too.
Then let's also factor in Palin's OTHER executive experience, shall we?

What has she done? She joined the people shes trying to clean up, the neoconservatives. she abandoned the people who voted her in, the people who entrusted themselves to her.
I have to be honest here: what are you talking about?  I'm trying to understand so hard... but I see no evidence of what you're trying to say.

Here's a hilarious side-by-side comparison of the GOP's VP candidate, and the dems Presidential candidate (obviously biased, but it'll give you an idea of some of Palin's accomplishments):
http://www.audacityofhypocrisy.com/2008/08/30/sarah-palin-vs-barack-cakefarts/

[EDIT] And for anyone who actually cares about the facts (probably nobody on this forum), here's *another* major, huge, huge legislative accomplishment for Palin that points to her foreign policy experience as Canada had to be negotiated with:
http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=303693123946167&kw=palin
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 02:37:37 am by 2awesome4apossum »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 62 queries.