Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Spam Is Back  (Read 10237 times)

Spam Is Back
« on: August 11, 2008, 12:41:09 am »
I think I've now worked out a nice way to keep it from dominating the forums like last time XD. You have to be productive now to gain access. Should be a fun experiment.

If you look at your profile on the left you will notice 3 new items, 'resources', 'games' and 'credits'. The resources and games fields show how many resources or games you have uploaded. The credits field is a combination of how many resources or games you have uploaded in the past 30 days.

To gain access to the spam forum your credits field must be above or equal to 5. That means posting 5 resources or games in 30 days, not to hard is it. Thats about 1 a week.

Also just for kicks, this applies to moderators too :D. Only admins can view the board without restrictions.

IN B4: You indecisive !@#$%.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 03:50:12 am by 4Sword »
Re: Spam Is Back
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 12:44:07 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
Wow that's a pretty awesome way of doing it. At least it's not a huge number though like say... 10 :P
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Zack-kun

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 12:46:00 am »
Wow that's a pretty awesome way of doing it. At least it's not a huge number though like say... 10 :P

Don't be giving him ideas now. :P
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 12:46:35 am »
  • Super Hero Time!

Don't be giving him ideas now. :P

Don't worry I'm not :P That was just his original number he told me on MSN.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 12:46:45 am »
Very awesome idea. :)
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 12:47:16 am »
  • Minalien
Well, at least now I have a reason not to post resources and games here. Thanks Tim :D
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 12:47:42 am »
The number still seems high, especially since the way the resource system is now, it is better to organize and compress what you are going to show rather than release it all in a lot of increments.  The thing I worry about as someone who plans on submitting resources is that now I have to compete for space with a bunch of rushed resources.  It takes more time to release better resources; meh I'd say to base it on the average of the ratings given to the resources, but then the averages might get inflated.  Meh, it is a neat idea in concept, the one you have, but meh.
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 12:47:55 am »
I hope the resources don't get full of useless stuff.
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 12:49:09 am »
Well, at least now I have a reason not to post resources and games here. Thanks Tim :D
Your welcome.

I hope the resources don't get full of useless stuff.
The number still seems high, especially since the way the resource system is now, it is better to organize and compress what you are going to show rather than release it all in a lot of increments.  The thing I worry about as someone who plans on submitting resources is that now I have to compete for space with a bunch of rushed resources.  It takes more time to release better resources; meh I'd say to base it on the average of the ratings given to the resources, but then the averages might get inflated.  Meh, it is a neat idea in concept, the one you have, but meh.
Just because I've implemented this, dosen't mean rules don't apply. If you upload crap, I'll delete, like I would do anyway.
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 12:49:42 am »
Aw, that means I can't even see what's going on in there? That sucks. Well have fun everyone who gains access anyway. Lucky talented bastards.

And will there be any quality control on resources?
EDIT: nvm, answered I see.
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 12:50:36 am »
Lucky talented bastards.
I never said you have to create the resources. Tileset packs, sprites and so forth from zelda games and such are fine. They don't require to much tallent.

And will there be any quality control on resources?
Obviously.
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 12:54:47 am »
Well in that case, I can just upload some sprites from TSR using that logic, right? Maybe some Midi's around, and such as well?
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 12:55:36 am »
Well in that case, I can just upload some sprites from TSR using that logic, right? Maybe some Midi's around, and such as well?
Uploading resouces is fine. But don't go nicking them from TSR's site unless you have permission from the author, they are pretty strict about that.
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 01:00:50 am »
I was more or less getting at that it takes a while to submit things the way you asked me to.  Even if I start my Pokemon project as a work in progress project, I would then only have three.  It is a neat idea, but it wouldn't work for me due to the way I work; well I guess the resource system could always be tweaked if there are a lot of resources to prevent jumbled disorganization
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 01:02:17 am »
well I guess the resource system could always be tweaked if there are a lot of resources to prevent jumbled disorganization
I'll probably add a search bar / filter'er at the top of the game and resources database pages when I get the chance.
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 01:03:27 am »
Eh, suppose I'll find something to upload somewhere. Asking permission takes time sometimes, I'll save that sort of resource collecting for a later day if ever.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2008, 01:06:18 am »
  • The Mike
This seems fair to me. Maybe there should be a limit per day so people don't post stuff right away. I think 2 to 4 a day sounds fine. Can we also post artwork and stuff like before or no?

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2008, 01:08:57 am »
This seems fair to me. Maybe there should be a limit per day so people don't post stuff right away. I think 2 to 4 a day sounds fine.
Hum, I would rather not to be honest. If people are anything like me, I tend to hoard resources then just dump them randomly in large goes.

Can we also post artwork and stuff like before or no?
Yup.
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2008, 01:09:22 am »
Perhaps if it appears that the submissions are plenty from a certain game that there could be a field that you select when uploading resources that sorts it into categories.  Like, the first thing you would see would have something like the options of "Zelda" and "Other" and then you click the field link to go to a page just containing those resources.  The search thing works too, but it puts more work into something then straightforward navigation might simplify.  Assuming if I have the same perception of the word filter as you do, field sorting and list clicking are essentially the same, it's more of a stylistic issue.
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2008, 01:11:36 am »
Yes I agree. I'm thinking of adding a tagging system in to help the search system work better. For example you put the tag 'link to the past' into your game, and then when someone searchs for that only ones tagged with that would appear. Either that or I will just have numerous different sub-categories (game, year, etc) and have them selectable in a filter.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 77 queries.

anything