Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: The Dark Knight  (Read 8694 times)

The Dark Knight
« on: July 18, 2008, 09:00:49 am »
lets talk batman
  • Google Profile
Re: The Dark Knight
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 09:11:43 am »
Isn't this topic a little bare?

anyway, Heath's joker is GODLY.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 09:13:24 am »
Heath was probably the best joker ever. he could be topped, but goddamn it'd take a hell of an effort to do that.

I liked Harvey Dent way better though. I hope he returns in the sequel.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 03:11:02 pm »
  • *whistle*
Heath was probably the best joker ever. he could be topped, but goddamn it'd take a hell of an effort to do that.

He will do. As Two-Face, no doubt. EDIT: Scratch that, haven't seen the movie, I guess he is Two-Face in this one already huh? Still, he'll probably come back. He's one of the more iconic Batman villains and certainly a lot less goofy than Mr. Freeze or The Riddler.

I'd say I wish the Joker would return, but that ain't gonna happen, is it? :P
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 03:18:57 pm by Pyru »
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 03:18:06 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!

He will do. As Two-Face, no doubt.

I never knew Two-Face was in this till last night when Aaron Eckhart appeared on Conan O'Brien... I wonder what he looks like.

*runs off to see movie*
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 05:45:14 pm »

He will do. As Two-Face, no doubt. EDIT: Scratch that, haven't seen the movie, I guess he is Two-Face in this one already huh? Still, he'll probably come back. He's one of the more iconic Batman villains and certainly a lot less goofy than Mr. Freeze or The Riddler.

I think the worst part about the Joker is [spoiler=Heath Ledger is dead.]that it seemed like they were going to use him again in the sequel.[/spoiler]
  • Google Profile

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 06:13:05 pm »
  • b e p i s
This movie was incredible all around. Heath was godly as expected, and the movie was really twisty and turny and full of delicious conflict...

But was anyone else surprised as HELL by Aaron Eckhart? This guy easily gave the best performance in the movie, slipping from Harvey into Two-Face and being believable and consistent the entire time. It's a huge change of pace for the guy, who seems to always be typecast as a sleazy, sarcastic !@#$%. Also, when he was
Show content
threatening Gordon's children
I was literally biting my nails.

I almost don't want there to be a sequel...The Dark Knight was so fantastic that I don't really see how they can top it.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 07:26:53 pm »
This movie was incredible all around. Heath was godly as expected, and the movie was really twisty and turny and full of delicious conflict...

But was anyone else surprised as HELL by Aaron Eckhart? This guy easily gave the best performance in the movie, slipping from Harvey into Two-Face and being believable and consistent the entire time. It's a huge change of pace for the guy, who seems to always be typecast as a sleazy, sarcastic !@#$%. Also, when he was
Show content
threatening Gordon's children
I was literally biting my nails.
definitely. Joker held the movie together and was probably the best Joker EVER, but Two Face was completely !@#$% amazing.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 07:48:22 pm »
  • *whistle*

I think the worst part about the Joker is [spoiler=Heath Ledger is dead.]that it seemed like they were going to use him again in the sequel.[/spoiler]

There's ways around that. I mean, the actress for Rachel Dawes changed, but even ignoring that, they could do things like have the Joker killed somewhat off-screen, and replaced by a new character who takes up the mantle of the guy.
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 08:04:52 pm »

There's ways around that. I mean, the actress for Rachel Dawes changed, but even ignoring that, they could do things like have the Joker killed somewhat off-screen, and replaced by a new character who takes up the mantle of the guy.
Harley Quinn
  • Google Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 10:12:24 pm »
I saw the midnight premiere for this movie last night, and it blew me away. It was better than I could have ever hoped or dreamed it to be, and I couldn't wipe the grin off my face throughout the entire movie. The Dark Knight is a masterpiece, and a worthy end to Heath Ledger's career, may he rest in peace.

I believe, after seeing this, that the next Batman movie won't have Two-Face (it would be ridiculous if it did at this point), and will most likely have someone else playing as the Joker.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 10:15:24 pm »
I saw the midnight premiere for this movie last night, and it blew me away. It was better than I could have ever hoped or dreamed it to be, and I couldn't wipe the grin off my face throughout the entire movie. The Dark Knight is a masterpiece, and a worthy end to Heath Ledger's career, may he rest in peace.

I believe, after seeing this, that the next Batman movie won't have Two-Face (it would be ridiculous if it did at this point), and will most likely have someone else playing as the Joker.
they could easily have him come back. they
Show content
faked gordon's death, why couldn't they fake Harvey's and send him to Arkham where he ends up getting more and more !@#$% up?
  • Google Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 01:32:07 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese

they could easily have him come back. they
Show content
faked gordon's death, why couldn't they fake Harvey's and send him to Arkham where he ends up getting more and more !@#$% up?
And he starts messing 'round with six sided dice and tarot cards.

I really want to see this but I doubt I'll be able to go see it in a theatre.
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 01:45:17 am »
  • *whistle*

Nope, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus is Ledger's final film. Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell will be completing the filming of the role due to his death. The film's due out sometime in '09. Should be good.
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 02:57:12 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
This was a godly movie, indeed. It topped Batman Begins, and I really felt that the movie was awesome throughout it's entirety. I'm really suprised by Aaron Eckhart, as well. It seemed like The Joker was really the main focus of this film, but it blew me out of the water that he seemed to have depth and was consistent throughout. They didn't rely on cheap fan-friendly effects, like mentioning classic Batman staples and stuff. This really sets the Batman series out of the realm of superheroes, which, by an average, is filled with tons and tons of garbage (X-Men, Spiderman, Superman, etc.) that are unbelievable and corny on film. Batman has made the transition and done it in an entertaining fashion. Hey, they even gave Joker depth and whatnot, without relying on the classic evil bad guy stereotype.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
I saw The Dark Knight last night. (Major Spoiler...
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2008, 04:26:17 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
I loved it. The Joker was awesome. And i loved how they made Two-Face in it. It was all-around amazing.

Also i doubt there won't be a sequel.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 04:43:41 am by Regulus »
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2008, 04:46:54 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
Unlike Batman Begins, I actually liked this movie.  The Joker was brilliant, by far the best Joker I've ever seen.  Not much else I can say I guess, I'm not good with words.
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2008, 04:50:51 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
If there is a third one i think the Riddler will be in it.
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2008, 04:56:13 am »
  • :D
Twoface was just stupid.  It was a good movie tho-- and the joker was !@#$% fantastic.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2008, 04:58:18 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Just a note- I believe the two dark knight threads have been merged; so if you're going to spoil aspects of the movie, please be sure to use the spoiler tag
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 77 queries.

anything