Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: [DEMO (Beta)] Critical System  (Read 9718 times)

Re: [WIP] Critical System (Working Title)
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2008, 02:12:42 am »
Alpha!

Just stopping by real quick like to drop this off, as things are already a changin'. Since the build that's below, we've already shifted over to an artist made (read: not shitty) level, as well as got some menu assets. Animations are actually starting to shape up and should be somethin' sexy to show soon!

So quickly, here it is! (Just so you know, we're still having that NVIDIA crash, but that's non-critical for us at the moment, since we're all deving on ATI boxes. Again, NVIDIA USERS BEWARE, MAY CAUSE DRIVER HANGS.)

they.alpha.exe [10.3MB, exe, installer]

• My Myspace?
Re: [WIP] Critical System (Working Title)
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2008, 11:39:44 pm »
Beta!

Tuesday of this past week, we turned in our 'Beta' build. Things are vastly different from alpha. Animations are in. (Though not completely synced). Lots of sounds are in. (Though not final. If you listen hard, I'm sure you'll hear a few OOT cameos. ;) ) Melee and Ranged combat is in, (feels badly out of sync right now, and the enemy collision responses aren't helping.)

But. This is where we need your help. Find a bug you think we don't know about? REPORT IT :)

The majority of gameplay is implemented, but is in (obvious) need of refinement. So what it boils down to is, where are the bugs, what needs to be tuned up.

I'll appreciate bug reports of any format, be it here, via email, or via our bug tracking site at http://bugs.thegroupofthey.com/ (You can report an issue without signing up.)

Here's some controls:
Movement (left, right) : A, D
Jump : Space
Melee Attack : Left Control
Ranged Attack : Left Shift
Pause : Escape

The controls are pretty sucky, and are more or less a leftover from a previous project. Suggestions about different control schemes would be highly appreciated as well :)

(Just so you know, we're still having that NVIDIA crash, but that's non-critical for us at the moment, since we're all deving on ATI boxes. Again, NVIDIA USERS BEWARE, MAY CAUSE DRIVER HANGS.)

Without further adieu,

they.beta.exe [7.9MB, exe, installer]
  • My Myspace?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 41 queries.

anything