Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Future of ZFGC.  (Read 7889 times)

Future of ZFGC.
« on: November 10, 2007, 10:51:51 am »
Alright! I wanted to do a townhall style meeting on Windfyre, however that was ultimately poopooed by other people. So we'll start here with a basic discussion.

The purpose of this thread, like so many other threads in the past, is for users to voice the concerns, ideas and suggestions for ZFGC, and if they have an idea of how they would fix or implement the said concept they would take the time to discuss that, so it could be discussed and deliberated by other users within the community. The goal of this exercise is to allow the staff to see how the users feel about various subjects, ideas, suggestions, problems within the forum and how we can go about fixing / resolving / implementing the said discussion.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
Re: Future of ZFGC.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 01:21:57 pm »
Isn't this what the entire Feedback board is for? :P
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 04:23:51 pm »
Well, hmm, I was thinking and here's what I came up with. Not too much, because I like things the way they are.

Spam board - Yeah, this issue comes up all the time. They usually end up really shitty and just not worth having. But, if the proper care is taken of one, things should be alright. I'm suggesting maybe 3 local mods to watch over just that board, and a set of posting guidelines for it or something. Something like that.

Inter-fan game community events - NCFC was a great idea (I know it wasn't ZFGCs), and I'd like to see more events like that that span across the fan game communities across the internet. It'd be pretty cool.

move #zfgc to lostmoment - do it, you know you want to
  • Google Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 05:25:43 pm »
  • Ancient Admin / Gaurdian
Drop the Z, F. :P
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 06:44:55 pm »
  • Things to see and people to do.
Not true. Many forums have spam boards and have had them for years. Zelda Power, for example, has had a spam forum for over five years, and they're still up and running. These things just take careful moderation and a definite set of rules. Just because it's a spam form doesn't mean that you can get away with anything.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 06:47:58 pm »
Isn't this what the entire Feedback board is for? :P
The Feedback board is for users to come to us and give us their thoughts/ideas/suggestions/complaints independently. This is me coming to you saying 'please give me your thoughts, ideas, suggestions and or complaints structured and moderated in an organized way'.

Vast difference.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 06:52:06 pm »
Not true. Many forums have spam boards and have had them for years. Zelda Power, for example, has had a spam forum for over five years, and they're still up and running. These things just take careful moderation and a definite set of rules. Just because it's a spam form doesn't mean that you can get away with anything.

A brave man there, saying "ZeldaPower" <3, Its my home zelda site.

None the less, If properly managed I think a spam board would be fine. Its just figuring out the key to proper management.

The guys at NCFC agreed there 1) would be another NCFC 2) there would be a 'network' or some sort of 'affiliation' between NCFC websites. (Not network in the sense we all get bought and managed by the same person, but network in the affiliation way).

NCFC was quite awesome, I was really impressed with the 1) chatroom turn out 2) game turn out 3) Kingmob 4) OoL It was quite awesome.

Kesha, If LM wanted to Join Windfyre (or collective?), I'd have no issue with it. :p
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 08:21:40 pm »

I second that!  If anything I'd like the focus to shift from fan games to the indie gaming scene as a whole.  I realize that's what this place was made for to begin with, but I honestly don't really have any interest in fan games anymore.  If we took that route I think we might get a lot more use of the main page, (for instance, maybe an indie gaming blog/news site).

I'm guessing that doing this would !@#$% off and alienate a good portion of the users here, similar to what happened with GA, so this idea probably won't fly.  Then again, with GA we tried to become a gaming site similar to IGN or Gamestop...An indie gaming blog would be more along the lines of Joystiq or Kotaku, but with a bigger focus on the forum and community.  This seems a lot more feasible than what we tried to do with GA, (i.e. less work and less oversaturation of similar sites).

Those are just my thoughts, but I give you all permission to flame me about it.  8)
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 08:31:07 pm »
  • Bitte Scheiße
Even though ZFGC isn't the best idea when it comes to the ZF part, its better to leave it alone.

A spam board...If we had SMFShop, you could buy a thing that made the spam board visible to you for a week or something.
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
  • Surrender Global Forums
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 08:34:20 pm »

I second that!  If anything I'd like the focus to shift from fan games to the indie gaming scene as a whole.  I realize that's what this place was made for to begin with, but I honestly don't really have any interest in fan games anymore.  If we took that route I think we might get a lot more use of the main page, (for instance, maybe an indie gaming blog/news site).

I'm guessing that doing this would !@#$% off and alienate a good portion of the users here, similar to what happened with GA, so this idea probably won't fly.  Then again, with GA we tried to become a gaming site similar to IGN or Gamestop...An indie gaming blog would be more along the lines of Joystiq or Kotaku, but with a bigger focus on the forum and community.  This seems a lot more feasible than what we tried to do with GA, (i.e. less work and less oversaturation of similar sites).

Those are just my thoughts, but I give you all permission to flame me about it.  8)

I agree to an extent.

Like I said, GA was an attempt to keep our user base, a failed stupid attempt. I'm shocked I still have respect here to be honest. None the less, that is not something we will do that time around, if this option were to be taken.

There has been in the past, suggestion of what I once called "OSESG". Open Source Entertainment Software Group, it was a theory I had with a friend of mine that i brought up with torchie. A layout was made, it was cut and put into HTML (All CSS <3) but we never moved on it. I also decided I didn't want the project to be limited to open source content, or even free content. It will probably drift away.

I think ZFGC would have to stay intact, and an alternative project would have to be launched for 'control' purposes. Thus we make no one made, and we make a few people happy.

However, I would rather see ZFGC have growth in the area of game development, just because we have Zelda in the name doesn't mean we have to limit our creativity to zelda, lets make other fan games, it wont be too difficult, don't feel as if you are bound by "Zelda", you're not.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2007, 08:39:30 pm »
  • Bitte Scheiße
Then why not GDC,Game Developement Community :o
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2007, 08:41:06 pm »
Then why not GDC,Game Developement Community :o

As he said, the last attempt (GA) Failed horribly.
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2007, 08:46:06 pm »
Well, we could make it as a side project >_> not affiliated with ZFGC, to see if it is well accepted by ZFGC people.
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2007, 09:07:16 pm »
Well, we could make it as a side project >_> not affiliated with ZFGC, to see if it is well accepted by ZFGC people.

That actually is a great idea. Atleast then if its not accepted we can just refuse to acknowledge we ever did it >_> <_<
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2007, 09:13:15 pm »

That actually is a great idea. Atleast then if its not accepted we can just refuse to acknowledge we ever did it >_> <_<

*shrugs*. We need to work on what we have now, putting more things on our plates tends to slow us down.

I do think its always an option, an option that, in my opinion, has always been open. I'd want to the project to be affiliated, but loosely.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2007, 09:19:07 pm »
  • Bitte Scheiße
The answer to life is denial. Why don't we have a poll to decide what kind of project, and RPG, a platformer, a Zelda game, etc.

Why not we just make a community engine in LTTP style or something?
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 09:20:08 pm »
The answer to life is denial. Why don't we have a poll to decide what kind of project, and RPG, a platformer, a Zelda game, etc.

What?
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 09:41:34 pm »
I just want to say I loved GA and thought it was the best thing ever (though killing ZFGC to make it exist was pretty dumb), and I'd love to see another attempt of it.

But for the most part, I think the staff are taking an excellent direction with the community, and I don't see members complaining about things all over the place or anything like that.

Just keep doing what you're doing, and things should turn out alright. I can pretty much safely say I fully trust the current administration in whatever direction they want to take ZFGC in for its future.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2007, 10:51:49 pm »
I must agree with  Comrade Kesha, Well here are some of my ideas for ZFGC:

Blogs: Well, since we have a main page why not some blogs? In blogs you will post updates of your game, we could remove the Zelda game board and indie game board,

tutorials: well make a team that help improve the quality of newcomers and old members by posting some tutorials about spriting, composing, game design, and coding, this would make those board more active (this could be zelda related stuff, so in the tutorial if you ask them to sprite a NPC, that NPC could be added to the zfgccp)

Remove the Forum Games board: this board seems useless and more like spam to me.. but thats just my opinion.

More Contest?: well, make some spriting contest, music contest, etc, I haven't seen those in a while, probably a xmas contest would work alot.

Affiliate: well, we should try to expand our user base, to make this site even more active, we should affiliate with other fan game communities or indie game communities, that way we will have more games to play and test.

Chat: whenever I go to zfgc chat, it is always empty.. more people should go there..
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 10:54:02 pm by Kren »
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2007, 10:58:18 pm »
Blogs: Well, since we have a main page why not some blogs? In blogs you will post updates of your game, we could remove the Zelda game board and indie game board,

Oooooh Project blogs sounds like an excellent idea!
  • Google Profile
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 77 queries.