Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: [Idea] ZFGC Smash Bros.  (Read 16600 times)

[Idea] ZFGC Smash Bros.
« on: August 10, 2007, 12:07:58 am »
EDIT:

It would be a 2D Super Smash Bros. game in which the playable characters are ZFGC members. The characters’ design could either be based on their avatar, on their real image (possibly based on the mug shots topic images, or if the member agrees on sending pictures), or it could be another image the member or the designers suggest. So for instance, Fissure could have animated versions of his avatar for his images, for Infinitus we could use animated images of that dragon/snake/whatever he has on his avatar, Dracon could have Mario animation (but not necessarily the same moves or combos)... but people who keep changing their avatars would have their real looks (in a 2D sprite that fits the dimensions and the style of the game) or an image that people tend to associate with that character.

If you want to help with the project, here is the recruiting topic: http://www.zfgc.com/index.php?topic=19512.0

This is the original question list. There is no need to reply to this anymore
But I’ll only start recruiting if the majority of people like my idea. So I’d like to have your opinion:

1-Do you think this is a nice idea?
2-Is it worth doing this game?
3-Do you think this could be completed?
4-Which characters should be available in this game?
5-Would you like to be a playable character?
EDIT: One more question:
6-Do you think the 2007 character competition characters should be playable too?

I’d like to have your opinion about these topics:
1- The character list is attached to this post. Do you think the list is fair? If not, which characters should be changed (there must be a total of 30 characters)?
2- How do you think the character competition characters (of all the competitions) could be available in this game?

PS: Please think twice before saying that you deserve more to be in this list than another member.

EDIT: I'd like to state one thing that a few people didn't realise... People who are working in the game aren't necessarily in the character list. Not even I am. The character list in independent of who are making the game.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 09:20:56 pm by sjegtp »
Re: [Idea] ZFGC Smash Bros.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 01:46:27 am »
1. I think it'll be great XD
2. Couldn't say if it would
3. Possibly...
4. Anyone who's well known, or 500+ post count
5. Eh why not.
EDIT:
6. Sure, but only as unlockables
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 02:20:01 am by Colbydude »
  • https://colbydude.com

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 01:56:04 am »
  • b e p i s

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No
4. Anyone
5. Yes.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 02:08:15 am »
1. Definitely Yes!
2. Yes
3. I hope so
4. ZFGC Regulars? or just anyone who wants to (sprite their own sprites and make their own attacks)
5. YEAH!
  • Virtual Security
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 05:12:18 am »
So, you made a topic about our idea (from the CLAIM YOUR BIRTHRIGHTS topic). Very nice.
I'm in.
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 05:51:55 am »
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Probably not.
4. Admins at least, plus deserving members. And a few past admins as unlockables
5. Sure.

And no, I'm not gonna use my SSB: NES engine for this.
(I was asked once already via PM.)

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 05:55:36 am »
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Probably not.
4. Admins at least, plus deserving members. And a few past admins as unlockables
5. Sure.

And no, I'm not gonna use my SSB: NES engine for this.
(I was asked once already via PM.)

Don't be a mini-Gates.

I agree with TRD.

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 07:19:39 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
1- It is interesting. Definitely caught my eye.
2- Sure. Why the hell not?
3- I wish, but I'm not too lucky, now am I?
4- Any lack of me will result in a pummeling.
5- ... This is Source you're talking to.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 01:20:18 pm »
  • :3
1-yup
2-I think so
3-thats all up to you
4-as many people as possible.
5-why not :P
  • daniel-kun
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 02:04:40 pm »
1-yup
2-I think so
3-thats all up to you
You'll be the guy with the glowing face running with a deku stick.

I might be a "Dragonboy" using the same attacks as young link, but changed graphics (like the fire arrows are dragon arrows and spin attack is a dragon flame).
  • Virtual Security
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 02:49:23 pm »
1- Yes, I've even already tried it before.
2- Pretty much, even if it just has a specific audience (us, ZFGC).
3- It's not impossible...
4- 30~40 regular and active members.
5- No clue, would anyone like to have me as a character?
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 04:40:44 pm »
  • IBV

1. It needs more ground to stand on. There would have to be some decided way on how the characters would be implemented. What would decide their moves, their appearance and so on? Maybe everyone should just be themselves? Otherwise everyone will want to be a katana-wielding ninja-pirate with laser eyes and fire-breath. Also, how would the controls be?
2. Up to the developers, I guess. Would it be worth their time?
3. If it's released as free software with open source code, then yes. Sooner or later, at least. Oh, and this also requires that you don't use GameMaker or any other proprietary tools.
4. ZFGC members? You said it yourself.
5. Hell no.

EDIT: Maybe use characters from the charcomps instead?
My signature is empty.
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 05:51:28 pm »
  • Oh.
1-Yes, sounds like a real way to mix something fun with this fan board :)
2-If its going to be completed, fire away.
3-Yes
4-Me.  You.  Admins.  Other cool cats.
5-Yes.
Hm.
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2007, 06:03:23 pm »
4- 30~40 regular and active members.
I think I'll use about 20 members at first (remember that SSBM had 25), but if things go well I might add more characters later.

EDIT: I changed my mind. 20 is not enough. I'll do at least 30 then.

1-yup
2-I think so
3-thats all up to you
You'll be the guy with the glowing face running with a deku stick.

I might be a "Dragonboy" using the same attacks as young link, but changed graphics (like the fire arrows are dragon arrows and spin attack is a dragon flame).
Yeah, that's what I meant for people who keep changing their avatars. For you I thought about using a sprite of Evanna Lynch in 2D (lol XD). But that might not look very nice in the game :P

1. It needs more ground to stand on. There would have to be some decided way on how the characters would be implemented. What would decide their moves, their appearance and so on? Maybe everyone should just be themselves? Otherwise everyone will want to be a katana-wielding ninja-pirate with laser eyes and fire-breath. Also, how would the controls be?
Yes, I had this idea yesterday, so I haven't planned much about this. The controls will probably be editable (just like when you use ROMs). The design of the character I already explained in my first post. The moves won't be chosen by the character itself (otherwise he or she would only choose powerful moves), but I should ask for move suggestions through this topic.

EDIT: Maybe use characters from the charcomps instead?
That's a good idea, but the purpose of this game is being able to play using ZFGC members. Maybe I could use a character of the competition to associate with a ZFGC member (for instance, Moldrill would have Chopik's design). I could also use them as Pokémons are used in SSB (instead of throwing a pokéball to call a pokémon, you use another item to call competition characters). Or simply have playable characters for ZFGC members and competition characters...

Also, when I asked you "Which characters should be available in this game?" I wanted you to give me names. :P Just 'cause I'll have to make a list of available characters; and I'm not completely sure of which members are the most popular here.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 10:16:19 pm by sjegtp »
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2007, 06:12:13 pm »
yes
yes
yes
500+post members
yes

SIDE NOTE:To make this even more better....Don't make everyone's sprites...If someone wants to be in the game...Have them make their own sprite sheet of their character....That'll knock out alot of members if you are looking for a specific number...Give us guidelines for character creation(ie number of moves....Pixel size....Coloring....Style)...

Good Luck man!
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2007, 06:26:25 pm »
SIDE NOTE:To make this even more better....Don't make everyone's sprites...If someone wants to be in the game...Have them make their own sprite sheet of their character....That'll knock out alot of members if you are looking for a specific number...Give us guidelines for character creation(ie number of moves....Pixel size....Coloring....Style)...
I thought about doing that, but the problem is that there are many popular members that simply *can't* sprite (I, for instance, though I'm not that popular... :P)

BTW, I'll post the recruiting topic soon.
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 11:18:12 pm »
I thought about doing that, but the problem is that there are many popular members that simply *can't* sprite (I, for instance, though I'm not that popular... :P)

I probably *can* sprite, but I don't like doing it much. It's just too tedious for me. :P

Drewdelz should let him use his engine (or better yet, MAKE IT !@#$% FREE SOFTWARE YOU CAPITALIST PIG). Seriously, he has no reason not to.
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 11:37:19 pm »
Drewdelz should let him use his engine (or better yet, MAKE IT !@#$% FREE SOFTWARE YOU CAPITALIST PIG). Seriously, he has no reason not to.
XD Don't worry, I can make my own... I think :P. The problem for me is the A.I., because it will be pretty difficult. (specially because I'd have to program a different A.I. for each one of the 9 levels)
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 11:41:41 pm »
XD Don't worry, I can make my own... I think :P. The problem for me is the A.I., because it will be pretty difficult. (specially because I'd have to program a different A.I. for each one of the 9 levels)
He still should. Proprietary software = bad.

Edit: If you make this, RELEASE THE SOURCE. (GPLv3 if possible)
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2007, 12:10:55 am »

I probably *can* sprite, but I don't like doing it much. It's just too tedious for me. :P

Lay off, !@#$% smoker.
Why should I release my engine to the pulic that took about 3 months to make?
Just so a bunch of n00bs can release 40 different shitty smash bros fangames a week?

I could help out with this project, but I'm not releasing my whole engine as source.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 12:13:30 am by Drewdelz »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.257 seconds with 77 queries.