Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi ZFGC, it's been awhile. Here's some of my latest work, ALttP styled of course  (Read 5477 times)

Master Yoshi

Hi ZFGC, it's been awhile. Here's some of my lat...
« on: November 29, 2006, 05:57:42 pm »
Haven't been to ZFGC in quite awhile... some of you may remember me as RedFusionOwns, or GreenYoshi, or GreenYoshiJosh. I just got back into spriting after taking a break, and decided to try out ALttP style once again. Here's a few things I thought were worth posting.

This is my newest Skullkid. I'm not quite satisfied with it, I think it's probably too detailed for ALttP style.

The Happy Mask Salesman. I'm quite happy with how he turned out, though he may be a tad too tall. 

Talon, I'm pretty satisfied with him. The only thing that really bugs me is the shirtsleeves, which I've tried multiple times to fix.

I've done probably over 15 Gorons since I started spriting,and I have finally made one I honestly think fits the style perfectly. I had a Darunia to go along with him, but he didn't look that great.

A Zora. The head might be a taaad too big, but I tried to keep the body small to keep to the style.

And finally, what I was working on all day yesterday....

*drumroll*

She was nowhere near as hard as she usually is, and I think she turned out better than ever. Here are some of my previous attempts in case anyone wanted to see.

I finally got the angle right, as well as the shape lol.

If anyone would like to use these sprites in their game, or edit them in any way, feel free to. I don't really care if you give me credit or not, just please don't try to pass it off as your own work.

More to come folks, I may try to work on more angles and posses to the characters above. I'm definately going to do all directions for Epona sometime this week.
Re: Hi ZFGC, it's been awhile. Here's some of my...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 06:18:51 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Wow, very nice stuff. You got the lttp-style captured nicely.
The newest epona looks extremely nice (the angle is great, though i think there's something wrong with the angle of her feet compared to the rest of the body).
Goron looks maybe too baby'ish and like you said, zora has too big head and it's too blocky.
Skullkid isn't bad, but it doesn't look much like it (maybe you should make the eyes smaller)

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 07:11:01 pm »
I love the new Epona version allot people will use it if you make a full sheet of it!
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 07:57:22 pm »
Nice to see you again my friend. Glad you're back into the spriting game. As far as these sprites go, I think they are really great.
First of all, Skull kid - It's pretty damn good, but the first thing that comes to mind, is a deku scrub. Even though it does strongly resemble skull kid, At first glance I was sure it was a deku scrub. The hat looks great. I know skull kid's face is dark like a black mage, or a deku scrub's would be, but I think the way you have it makes it look a little too much like a deku. Maybe if the glowing eyes weren't so big? Or that little round thing in his face was gone (that, probably more then anything makes it look like a deku scrub face)
The body is decent, but when it's all pushed together so tight plus the green shades you've placed around on his arms and legs look like some kind of leaves below him. And Even with the hat on, it's still not hard to mistake it for a deku scrub, because lots of them have orange/brown leaves on their head.
The sprite itself is very good, it just needs a little more distinguishing between a deku scrub and skull kid.

Happy Mask Salesman - Looks perfect. I love how you captured his personality on his face in such a small space. The hair is really big, but then, thats how it's supposed to be. I don't really know what criticism to give you on it, other then, where is the backpack? However I think that might ruin it. This sprite is pretty well perfect. Of course there is always something that can be improved on all work, I cant think of anything immediately. And even if he is a little to tall, or a sprite with as much character as that doesn't fit the style of normal lttp npc's it doesn't matter, because it would still fit into all the lttp tiles perfectly, and personally I prefere sprites like that with actual character int he face and body over the standard lttp anyways.

Talon - I can't really point it out, but something about him looks odd. But going over him it really looks like Talon should. It might just be because with the mask salesman you captured his face perfectly, and then on Talon it just has the same old lttp eyes with too much white in them. But thats the style. It looks good overall, and it would probably look even better 2x.

Goron - It looks pretty good at first glance. But if I really want to try and find something wrong with it, maybe the shadows above the eyes are a bit to dark? Or maybe (even though they are supposed to be low) the eyes are just a tat too low? So there really isn't much room for a slightly noticeable mouth. Maybe the color pallet in general is a little to orange, but overall its pretty good, considering all the other gorons Ive seen :P

Zora - On first glance, all I can really say is, I don't like it very much. I don't wanna be an ass cause I know you spent time eon it, but I am just being honest with you. I dunno if its the way you did the colors, with the white, and then straight to darker blue around all the edges, or the size of his head, or the general look on his face, or how wide he looks in that frontward pose. It just looks kind of wacked. I wish I could give you a little more constructive criticism on how you could make it better, but I cant quite pick out what would need to be changed. It would work in a game of course, and probably easily suffice. But yeah.

Overall, they are good sprites. I'm glad to see you're working again man! Keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing more.

We may be human. But we're still animals.
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 09:58:56 pm »
Skullkid: Get rid of the nose thing or it looks alot like a deku scrub. Not sure it was even there in the game.

Talon: Whoa, big head.

Goron: This doesn't seem alttp, more fsa, are the colors right?

Epona: Shes really let herself go. And it looks like MC colors.

The others just as skully said.

Master Yoshi

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 11:57:24 pm »
Woah, this place has really died down lately. I'm thinking of trying a new Deku Tree or Jabu Jabu tonight, stick around for previews.
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 12:40:15 am »
Woah, this place has really died down lately. I'm thinking of trying a new Deku Tree or Jabu Jabu tonight, stick around for previews.
Awesome man, I look forward to seeing it. I think on my next days off if I'm not going anywhere I will make something too.
We may be human. But we're still animals.
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 01:33:42 am »
I'm glad to hear it Yoshi.  Hey I really like those sprites(though most need editing) I was just really tired when I posted last so I only gave crits.
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 01:37:24 am »
Those are pretty neat. Skull kid's head is a little too triangular...maybe take a pixel off each side and it should be cool. Zora just looks...weird, too. Not sure what it is...then again, not everything makes a good transition to 2d, so maybe it's just doomed to look weird.
Image Hosted at ImageHosting.us
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2006, 01:34:00 pm »
some of you may remember me as RedFusionOwns, or GreenYoshi, or GreenYoshiJosh.

Welcome back.

Anyway, some great sprites there. I just loooooooooooooove that Goron and Zora! But, apparently, I need to give you constructive criticism, so...

Skull Kid
He looks okay, but he looks kinda like Deku Link with a straw hat.

Happy Mask Salesman
Excellent! It really looks like him! The expression on his face is just classic, and the hair looks great, and still LTTP style. I would love to see more poses like this!

Talon
Perfect! I actually rather like his sleeves, they're not too big, and not too small, and it makes him look a lot more like his 3D counterpart.

Goron
Perfection. I've finally seen perfection. The last time I saw a sprite like this must've been a year ago. The shading is EXCELLENT, and still LTTP style. His head is perfectly shaped, and looks very much like a Goron. The feet look fine, too. Did Nintendo make this? It's certainly high quality enough!

Zora
More perfection! Great work on this one, Yoshi. The legs look slightly weird, kind of... detached from the rest of the body? Yes, must be.

Epona
It's a beautiful horse! Need I say more?

Epona Evolution
The first one is excellent, great colours, great outline, really resembles Epona. The second one looks rather fat, maybe you shouldn't give Epona so many carrots next time!
The third one is too small, although if you make that Young Epona, and the first one Adult Epona, then it's excellent!
The fourth... It's a beautiful horse! Need I say more?

EDIT: Removed all my smilies, sorry, it's looks too "unprofessional" with them... :-\. Yes, ever since the dawn of 2006, everything of mine has to look perfect... Yes, I may end up as a perfectionist one of these many, long, cold British days.

EDIT2: I missed a couple <_<.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 01:37:14 pm by cb43569 »

Master Yoshi

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 02:19:56 pm »
I'm not happy with the head just yet, but I think the body turned out terrific.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 02:29:32 pm by Master Yoshi »
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 02:56:20 pm »
The hair looks a bit strange, too symmetrical I think, but the body is fantastic (ew...commenting on Link's body...)
Image Hosted at ImageHosting.us
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 03:17:43 pm »
I'm not happy with the head just yet, but I think the body turned out terrific.

You're right about the body. The sprite itself is very TP-styled, which really adds to it.

Master Yoshi

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 04:58:39 pm »
There, that looks a wee bit better.

There's everything so far. I've decided instead of working on a huge sprite like the Deku Tree or Jabu Jabu, I'm going to go ahead and try to do Epona's animations while she's still fresh.
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 05:00:27 pm »
2playgames? :D Nice sprites, can't say anything else.

Master Yoshi

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2006, 05:31:17 pm »
Are you asking if I am 2playgames, or are you telling me you are? I'm not, if that's what you mean.

Faceless

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2006, 06:15:02 pm »
Epona's legs are out of perspective.
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2006, 07:22:48 pm »
  • A little Alive
wow I like the happy mask selling looks realy awesome :) and also Talon, abd the rest are okej, but I dont really like epona sorry :$.

furthey thety look great :)
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2006, 10:28:09 pm »
Link, well I can't say anything other than the best lttp adult Link I've ever seen.
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2006, 09:40:58 am »
  • hehe
I think they all look great especially skull kid.
but the goron mabey doesn't quite live up to normal impressions
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 77 queries.

anything